Your game day experience/observations at husky stadium

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Your game day experience/observations at husky stadium

Post by duckpoint »

What was your experience going to the husky game?

My experience, being someone who lives in defacto "cougar country" and has not been to any game for a few years, here is are my observations on my first vist to husky stadium.

- The stadium is nice, it has that new stadium smell....
- The docks and the husky navy are cool (I'm a boat guy)
- I'd have to rate the tailgaitng scene as pretty good. I tailgated with some husky friends whose scene was low key, but they were hospitable and it was a great location.
- The husky fans were classy (What?). Other than a few expected "Oh, Duck Fans" type comments and some (mostly students) throwing popcorn or bread and going quack quack, others urged husky fans to be nice and thanked us for comming to the game.
- Pre game taunts were minimal. I think that allthough they of course wanted a win, many realized it was doubtful.
- The seats my group had were in a 99% husky season ticket section. At the beginning of the game and on some 3rd/4th down situations it was pretty loud, but never as loud as I experienced at Autzen years ago (head ringing, so loud it hurts) not even close!
- On the down side, we were not around many Duck fans and the cheerleaders and band (was the band even there?) were on our sideline but about 60 yards away :(

That being said, my experience was way better than any I experinced going to cougar games so many times over the last 14 years or so (didn't we play there like six years straight? it felt like it).
NCDucks09
Senior

Re: Your game day experience/observations at husky stadium

Post by NCDucks09 »

2 years ago my experience was probably the worst game I ever attended. That being said, it was a night game and people had a long time to drink leading up to kickoff.

This year, the game was fine, not one Husky gave me crap, first time for everything! Of course, my 6'3" brother was with me this time instead of my 5'5" wife... Still, it was 1pm game and much better gamesmanship by the Huskies this go round.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I like these threads. It's hard for me to financially afford road games, so it's awesome to hear experiences from different stadiums/fans. I did go to the Wazzu game in Seattle last year, that was a lot of fun, and naturally Wazzu fans are pretty civil and kind.

"some (mostly students) throwing popcorn or bread and going quack quack." LOL not gonna lie, made me chuckle.

Interesting too it wasn't as loud as perhaps the TV advertised.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I like these threads. It's hard for me to financially afford road games, so it's awesome to hear experiences from different stadiums/fans. I did go to the Wazzu game in Seattle last year, that was a lot of fun, and naturally Wazzu fans are pretty civil and kind.

"some (mostly students) throwing popcorn or bread and going quack quack." LOL not gonna lie, made me chuckle.

Interesting too it wasn't as loud as perhaps the TV advertised.
I'm telling you, it's louder than Autzen, and it pains me to say that because I'm the guy yelling all game causing you eardrum damage.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

From my perspective in section 107 row 6 (about the 34 yd line), it was loud early in the game then it seemed to fizzle out with the exception of third down situations. from where I sat I was not overwhelmed by the loudness. My most recent comparison to Autzen would be the Cal game in 2009. Autzen was louder and more consistent by far. That was next to the student section though.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

duckpoint wrote:From my perspective in section 107 row 6 (about the 34 yd line), it was loud early in the game then it seemed to fizzle out with the exception of third down situations. from where I sat I was not overwhelmed by the loudness. My most recent comparison to Autzen would be the Cal game in 2009. Autzen was louder and more consistent by far. That was next to the student section though.
I was on the 50 yard line in the club booster section behind the Ducks sideline. Agreed, early on, 3rd Downs, and after Skankey's touchdowns was when it was the loudest. And on that first level, the decibel level was the loudest I've heard since that '09 Cal game. I would say that schematically, the design of their stadium is built for maximum noise level on the field, just like CenturyLink Field.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I went to Husky Stadium in 09, and there were a few trashtalkers, but I was surprised at how nice most people were. When we first got there some Husky fans came up to us, despite my friends and I blaring Jerry Allen's call for Kenny Wheaton's play and the Oregon fight song, and offered us beer. They were very hospitable. The only negative was when we got back, someone put Husky bumper stickers on our cars. I guess, at this point, since I had to deal with LSU fans, no other fanbase seems anywhere near bad. LSU fans are by far the worst fanbase I've ever dealt with and it isn't even close.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

NCDucks09 wrote:
duckpoint wrote:From my perspective in section 107 row 6 (about the 34 yd line), it was loud early in the game then it seemed to fizzle out with the exception of third down situations. from where I sat I was not overwhelmed by the loudness. My most recent comparison to Autzen would be the Cal game in 2009. Autzen was louder and more consistent by far. That was next to the student section though.
I was on the 50 yard line in the club booster section behind the Ducks sideline. Agreed, early on, 3rd Downs, and after Skankey's touchdowns was when it was the loudest. And on that first level, the decibel level was the loudest I've heard since that '09 Cal game. I would say that schematically, the design of their stadium is built for maximum noise level on the field, just like CenturyLink Field.

Part of my perspective could include aging and loss of hearing... :lol: