ONE MORE YEAR!!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

ONE MORE YEAR!!!

Post by picksix »

Time too start the chant every time we are around Mariota ... especially home games!! C'mon Marcus ... ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: ONE MORE YEAR!!!

Post by Phenom »

How about we finish this year and take care of business first?
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Mariota doesn't strike me as the type of kid who is only here to "do his time" until he can make himself draft eligible. I love DAT, but he pretty much hinted at that while he was being recruited. And that's fine, that's great for DAT and he is gone this year, but Mariota? I doubt it.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

QuackininBama wrote:Mariota doesn't strike me as the type of kid who is only here to "do his time" until he can make himself draft eligible. I love DAT, but he pretty much hinted at that while he was being recruited. And that's fine, that's great for DAT and he is gone this year, but Mariota? I doubt it.

I'm predicting they both stay next year. Degrees are very important to both of their families and I see them finishing up.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

While I would be ecstatic as a Duck fan if he wanted to come back, I won't chant for it. If Marcus were my son, I would advise him to go (assuming he wants to play in the NFL). He is plenty smart and disciplined enough to get a degree later. If he is a top 5 pick, he can make the kind of money that smart people can turn into a secure future for the rest of their lives.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I think MM will be back, unless he wins the Heisman and UO wins the NC. Even then he might go for 2 of each. Missing the last 2 games hasn't helped DAT. I don't know where they project him at moment? But if he comes back, has a great finish to the season, and is projected as a high 1st round draft pick, why wouldn't he go?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think IFO and DAT will leave early. If those(plus Lyerla sorta) are our only early deflections we should still be a top 5-10 team next year. If we lose MM, DAT, Ifo, T-Mitch, Johnstone, Fisher, Grasu all to the draft then we could have a quick descent back to 8-4 type seasons.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think we lose most of the players who are able to go. Is a few not mentioned that are likely to go and couple am not sure whether they are juniors or seniors. Let us not forget Ekpre-Olamu, Grasu, and Terrence Mitchell. Although not sure Mitchell is playing on Sundays the other two will be. I think DAT is definitely gone and probably Mariota and can not blame any of them.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think IFO and DAT will leave early. If those(plus Lyerla sorta) are our only early deflections we should still be a top 5-10 team next year. If we lose MM, DAT, Ifo, T-Mitch, Johnstone, Fisher, Grasu all to the draft then we could have a quick descent back to 8-4 type seasons.
We have a lot of talent to work with. My biggest concern is that we don't have another QB with the "it" factor.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think Ifo, DAT, Mitchell, and maybe Marcus leave early. I have a feeling all of our OL stay. There are a lot of good tackles coming out this year and Hroniss wouldn't be a high pick anyways.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Hroniss would be in the 2-3 range imo but you typically don't see OL leave early unless they know they'll be a 1st rounder. Lineman can always get stronger and frankly, with Marcus turning 20 in 3 weeks, he might stay simply for another year of physical maturation.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I see DAT leaving and Ifo, possibly TMitch, but he strikes me as a guy who wants to be a high draft pick and right now he's a 3-4 round guy. Grasu IMHO is a 5th rounder right now he's been up and down this year.

Marcus keeps to himself, but he seems like the type who enjoys being in school and will stay and get that degree. He's a guy who was patient enough to stay at a HS who wasn't starting him, when I'm sure he had people telling him to transfer and start anywhere else. I also think in 2015 he could be the #1 pick. No Clowney, no Teddy, no one except MM.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

QuackininBama wrote:Mariota doesn't strike me as the type of kid who is only here to "do his time" until he can make himself draft eligible. I love DAT, but he pretty much hinted at that while he was being recruited. And that's fine, that's great for DAT and he is gone this year, but Mariota? I doubt it.
Matiota has a significantly higher draft ceiling that DAT... Sarkisan wasn't blowing smoke when he said Mariota will be a top 5 pick. I would be really surprised if he comes back for a 4th year.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Boom wrote:
Matiota has a significantly higher draft ceiling that DAT... Sarkisan wasn't blowing smoke when he said Mariota will be a top 5 pick. I would be really surprised if he comes back for a 4th year.
Good thing next year is only going to be his 3rd.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Boom wrote:
Your looking at it analytically rather than from a personal perspective. Yes, so far Mariota looks like a 1st round pick. That doesn't automatically mean he is going to leave. You have to look at Mariota and decide, what does HE want? Does he want to jump right to the NFL or get his degree? Take the numbers out of the equation and think about Mariota as a person. His personality type doesn't strike me and jumping to the NFL just because he can.