Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Post by Phenom »

QB: Marcus Mariota, Jeff Lockie, Morgan Mahalak, Taylor Allie,
RB: Thomas Tyner, Byron Marshall, Royce Freeman, Kani Benoit, Ayele Forde, Tony James
WR: Dwayne Stanford, Devon Allen, BJ Kelley, Johnny Loyd
Slot: Keanon Lowe, Zac Schuller, Charles Nelson, Bralon Addison
WR: Darren Carrington, Chance Allen, Jalen Brown
TE: Pharoah Brown, Evan Baylis, Johnny Mundt, Koa Ka'ai
LT: Jake Fisher, Tyrell Crosby, Elijah George, Tyler Johnstone
LG: Hamani Stevens, Haniteli Louis, Braden Eggert
C: Hroniss Grasu, Doug Brenner, Jake Pisarcik
RG: Cameron Hunt, Jake Pisarcik, Jamal Prater
RT: Andre Yruretagoyena, Cameron Hunt, Evan Voeller

DE: DeForest Buckner, TJ Daniel, Jalen Jelks
NT: Alex Balducci, Sam Kamp, Stetzon Bair, Austin Maloata
DE: Arik Armstead, Tui Talia, Cody Carriger, Henry Mondeaux
OLB: Tyson Coleman, Torrodney Prevot, Jimmie Swain, Johnny Ragin
MLB: Rodney Hardrick, Danny Mattingly
MLB: Derrick Malone, Joe Walker, Jimmie Swain
OLB: Tony Washington, Christian French, Justin Hollins
CB: Troy Hill, Dominique Harrison, Chris Seisay, Stephen Amoako
FS: Tyree Robinson, Isaac Dixon, Juwaan Williams
SS: Erick Dargan, Reggie Daniels, Khalil Oliver, Glen Ihenacho
CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Dior Mathis, Arrion Springs, Mattrell McGraw

K: Matt Wogan, Eric Solis
P: Matt Wogan, Ian Wheeler
KR: Keanon Lowe, BJ Kelley
PR: Johnny Loyd, Charles Nelson
LS: Tanner Carew
Last edited by Phenom on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 13 times in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart

Post by buckmarkduck »

I won't be shocked to see Lousi beat out Stevens. For how strong he is, he was certainly a weakness up front this year.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:I won't be shocked to see Lousi beat out Stevens. For how strong he is, he was certainly a weakness up front this year.
I wonder why the coaches refused to play Andre Y during meaningful time when most of the OGs were underwhelming.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Several young guys competing for the interior O-line positions. Lots of potential there. I'm hopeful our inside running will be a little more dominant next year.

The competition at LB should be really good as well.

Pretty amazing how young this team is.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

I think this is a pretty good projection at this (way too early) point. But I think we can expect some or all of the following things to happen.

- Tyler Johnstone just suffered a torn ACL, so he's not likely to start on the offensive line.
- Rodrigues or Locke transfer out. It may not happen until after the Spring game, but I think one of these guys will be gone before Fall camp begins.
- Some WR(s) transfer out or leave the team. It happens every year. I really wish I could bet on this in Vegas. :lol:
- Fewer true freshman play next season when compared to recent seasons.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lightning Strikes wrote:I think this is a pretty good projection at this (way too early) point. But I think we can expect some or all of the following things to happen.

- Tyler Johnstone just suffered a torn ACL, so he's not likely to start on the offensive line.
- Rodrigues or Locke transfer out. It may not happen until after the Spring game, but I think one of these guys will be gone before Fall camp begins.
- Some WR(s) transfer out or leave the team. It happens every year. I really wish I could bet on this in Vegas. :lol:
- Yeah, I agree that it's a little unlikely that Johnstone is ready at the beginning of the year, but Avery Patterson was ready at the beginning of Fall camp this year so we shall see. I'm pretty interested to see who they have backing him up.

- I don't think Lockie leaves. He likes it here and probably knows football is not his future. Not sure about Rodrigues but I want him to be the backup next year. He has potential.

- Yeah, I think a WR transfers too. The most likely candidate is BJ Kelley, but he seems to really like it up here. I hope he can put things together and contribute next year.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The R-G today seems to think Tyler will be ready to go for the opening weekend fwiw.
I've also heard rumors of a WR or two leaving, but neither have been impact guys.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Hard to pick out which WR would transfer. They all have good reasons to stay and most would have to move down a division to play since they've used their RS years.
Lowe: SR starter so likely not leaving
Addison: JR starter who'll likely be Mariota's top target
Chance Allen: RS SO good friend of Addison and starting WR positions opened with Huff and Hawkins graduating
Kelley: RS JR fighting for starting job and would to have move down a division to play immediately if he transferred
Devon Allen/Carrington: RS FR who'd have to sit out another year if they transferred
Dungy: RS SR would easily play at lower division but seems to like it here and probably close to having degree
Stanford: RS SO coming off injury could make him want to transfer but in same position as Kelley and C. Allen for starting jobs
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

So there's 6 guys competing for 1 spot? Plus I think Jalen Brown might enroll early.. and then Budda Baker and possibly Frank Iheanacho will be here in the Fall.

There could easily be 2-3 transfers before fall camp gets here.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I don't think Kelley ever sees a big role here , Jalen Brown is going to be tough to RS and by all accounts Carrinton tore it up for the scout team this year. Neither are burners but both have enough speed to be dangerous and both have great hands and run great routes.
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Our WR rotation was so bizarre this year, practically non-existent.
Ducks don't really sub much on offense. Huff and Addison played almost every snap.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Boom wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:Our WR rotation was so bizarre this year, practically non-existent.
Ducks don't really sub much on offense. Huff and Addison played almost every snap.
I don't remember it being that way in the past. Seemed like we were rotating WRsa lot more before this year. Could be mistaken though.
AKA: CAgrown
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Boom wrote:
As much as Lowe works his tail off, I won't be surprised if Buddha passes him up before the years up. He's a very physical player, and blocking shouldn't be an issue. He also will bring another dynamic weapon on the field, unlike Lowe who just seems to be out there for his blocking.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Lightning Strikes wrote:I think this is a pretty good projection at this (way too early) point. But I think we can expect some or all of the following things to happen.

I see Rodrigues transferring before Lockie. Jake has a son to support & is going to need to get something going soon if he's to make a splash. Not that this means anything, but he's engaged as well so he needs to support his family.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

MFRDuckFan wrote:

I see Rodrigues transferring before Lockie. Jake has a son to support & is going to need to get something going soon if he's to make a splash. Not that this means anything, but he's engaged as well so he needs to support his family.
Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rodrigues transfer if Lockie is able to hold down the number 2 spot. Probably somewhere close to home, for the family reasons you mention.
AKA: CAgrown