Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart

Post by SuperDuck »

Elduderino wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
Lightning Strikes wrote:I think this is a pretty good projection at this (way too early) point. But I think we can expect some or all of the following things to happen.

- Tyler Johnstone just suffered a torn ACL, so he's not likely to start on the offensive line.
- Rodrigues or Locke transfer out. It may not happen until after the Spring game, but I think one of these guys will be gone before Fall camp begins.
- Some WR(s) transfer out or leave the team. It happens every year. I really wish I could bet on this in Vegas. :lol:
- Fewer true freshman play next season when compared to recent seasons.
I see Rodrigues transferring before Lockie. Jake has a son to support & is going to need to get something going soon if he's to make a splash. Not that this means anything, but he's engaged as well so he needs to support his family.
Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rodrigues transfer if Lockie is able to hold down the number 2 spot. Probably somewhere close to home, for the family reasons you mention.
I really hope that he can work hard in the offseason and secure that #2 spot. I just don't see Lockie as the long term answer. In all fairness, neither of them have had a significant amount of work with the first unit in a game environment. It doesn't look like they'll get much of an opportunity next year either, barring an injury to Marcus, perish the thought!

We open with South Dakota State, Wyoming and Michigan State all at home. They'll get time against South Dakota State and probably Wyoming, but after that I don't see anymore opportunities. Both WSU and Colorado will be improved next season. Cal might be a possibility, but that's about it.

It makes me nervous that as badly as Mariota's knee was hurt earlier this season the Ducks still felt that he was a better option than our #2 QB. Not good.
John 3:36
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I agree but I hope it doesn't happen. At the very least he's Bryan Bennett.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

I might be missing something but is Terrance Mitchell not a Junior coming back as a Senior next year?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Mitchell has a much much better shot of being drafted than Lewis. From what people are saying it seems like Mitchell is gone no matter what.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Our back up QB situation is scary.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Some are saying he might leave early. I don't see it, but I also didn't see Javes Lewis declaring early...
I would be surprised if Mitchell drops past the 3rd round.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Unless you're predicting Troy Hill will be kicked off the team for his run-in with the law, you forgot him on the depth chart.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

I was hoping Budda would play on defense ... we are stacked at WR. He's so physical. Hits like T.J. Ward but better in coverage.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ChileDuck has a good website that tracks the latest depth chart from each game. It won't include this years recruits until after the 2014 class is finished but its fun to have a better visual!

http://web.nmsu.edu/~ogden/oregon/depth2013.htm
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Jalen Brown and Budda Baker excite me.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

KingofDucks wrote:Unless you're predicting Troy Hill will be kicked off the team for his run-in with the law, you forgot him on the depth chart.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I am expecting although I have no inside knowledge of the situation. If he comes back then slot him in the spot behind Ifo.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

uodux1212 wrote:Our back up QB situation is scary.
We haven't seen any of these guys with a week of preparation yet.. I don't see why everyone is so worried.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

picksix wrote:I was hoping Budda would play on defense ... we are stacked at WR. He's so physical. Hits like T.J. Ward but better in coverage.
Yeah, but he also destroyed the best in the country as a WR at the opening. I know it's glorified two hand touch, but the kid is a skinner Huff. I can see him playing a ton next year, similar to Huff and Addison.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Dwayne Stanford is a guy to watch. Was good enough to play as a true freshman and is a very good blocker.

Also agree that we could see a WR transfer? Does Chance Allen transfer down (best friends with Bralon Addison)?

One guy to watch - Koa Ka'ai. What the heck happened here? Was an excellent defensive recruit - got moved to TE and rarely played. I'd like to see him back on defense.

I agree that Rodrigues is more likely to transfer than Lockie.

Other guys who could leave:
The Amoako twins, Bafaro
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'll just say that looking at the depth charts for offense and defense, the defense is one that scares me a bit with how young the secondary is and how shallow the DL depth is, especially at NT/DT. Without Ifo returning, I'm not sure many people could say who our stars on the defense are.