Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:So with DAT gone, the offense is now squarely focused on Mariota, Tyner/Marshall, and Addison. Oregon needs for some players to emerge at WR and TE for this offense to be as good as it has been the past 5 years.
Meh, that's more talent than we have most years. Losing Huff should hurt because dude is tough, but I think Addison should put up the same numbers. What we need is someone to duplicat the production of Addison this year. Stanford looked promising as a true freshman. I think we'll be fine at TE.
Last edited by Phenom on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If someone would have told me that we'd lose Huff, DAT, and Lyerla after one season and still look to have a potentially dangerous offense, I'd have called them crazy. I think Oregon has a lot of potential next year, but it'll be a matter of that potential actually showing up and performing. Oregon needs a couple new offensive stars to emerge to help out Mariota.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:If someone would have told me that we'd lose Huff, DAT, and Lyerla after one season and still look to have a potentially dangerous offense, I'd have called them crazy. I think Oregon has a lot of potential next year, but it'll be a matter of that potential actually showing up and performing. Oregon needs a couple new offensive stars to emerge to help out Mariota.
What are you even talking about? We lost Colt after one game, he basically didn't play this year. We lost DAT after the forth qrt of the Cal game, and he sat out until the Stanford game, and really didn't do a lot after coming back. The only productive stud from 2013 we are losing for next year, is Huff. The other two we have already survived without.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:If someone would have told me that we'd lose Huff, DAT, and Lyerla after one season and still look to have a potentially dangerous offense, I'd have called them crazy. I think Oregon has a lot of potential next year, but it'll be a matter of that potential actually showing up and performing. Oregon needs a couple new offensive stars to emerge to help out Mariota.
What are you even talking about? We lost Colt after one game, he basically didn't play this year. We lost DAT after the forget qrt of the Cal game, and he sat out until the Stanford game, and really didn't do a lot after coming back. The only productive stud from 2013 we are losing for next year, is Huff. The other two we have already survived without.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about prior to this season
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alabamaduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
What are you even talking about? We lost Colt after one game, he basically didn't play this year. We lost DAT after the forget qrt of the Cal game, and he sat out until the Stanford game, and really didn't do a lot after coming back. The only productive stud from 2013 we are losing for next year, is Huff. The other two we have already survived without.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about prior to this season
Yep.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Added Ragin and Swain.

I hope we add Trey LMFAO, Mattrell McGraw, Nick Gates, and a surprise guy to top off this recruiting class.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Added Nelson (have him redshirting) and took off Budda. I could see Nelson playing on special teams, though.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:Added Nelson (have him redshirting) and took off Budda. I could see Nelson playing on special teams, though.
Wr core will be really interesting next year. Lots of young talent.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Added Nelson (have him redshirting) and took off Budda. I could see Nelson playing on special teams, though.
Wr core will be really interesting next year. Lots of young talent.
Absolutely. Not as man slot/TZR guys as in the past, but a ton of depth on the outside.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Updated with all of our signed recruits. I think Maloata plays next year.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:Updated with all of our signed recruits. I think Maloata plays next year.
If he's truly 290 right now, he will have to play.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Moved some guys around and removed Bafaro, Ausherman, & Dungy. We've heard nothing but rave reviews about Carrington, D. Allen, & Brown, but I'm hesitant to move them ahead of guys like Stanford, C. Allen, & Kelley. Some in the "know" say it's going to happen, though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Made some changes after Addison's injury and other things I've heard from spring camp. I think Carrington ends up starting at WR, but I want to learn more about his injury before I make that call.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

It'll be interesting to see who takes punts this year now that Bralon is out. I believe rob said that Bralon, Ifo and Johnny Lloyd were out there taking punts the other day...At this point i don't think Lloyd will be ready to catch punts, so that leaves Ifo and ??
I think Ifo would be a great punt returner, and it may help his draft stock if he has some success, just not sure if the coaches would want him back there full time.
Any other guesses? Maybe a sure handed guy, such as Darren Carrington?
How about Keanon Lowe, Devon Allen, Dior Mathis, Troy Hill looked good on his kickoff return vs Arizona, Maybe even a rb, like Ayele Forde?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

andreezy wrote:It'll be interesting to see who takes punts this year now that Bralon is out. I believe rob said that Bralon, Ifo and Johnny Lloyd were out there taking punts the other day...At this point i don't think Lloyd will be ready to catch punts, so that leaves Ifo and ??
I think Ifo would be a great punt returner, and it may help his draft stock if he has some success, just not sure if the coaches would want him back there full time.
Any other guesses? Maybe a sure handed guy, such as Darren Carrington?
How about Keanon Lowe, Devon Allen, Dior Mathis, Troy Hill looked good on his kickoff return vs Arizona, Maybe even a rb, like Ayele Forde?
Lloyd has a good 5 months to spend catching punts, I don't see any reason he wouldn't be ready by then. So it more comes down to whether he is capable or not. Might see a guy like Charles Nelson back there.