Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart

Post by Phenom »

I think Dargan has also fielded punts. But I could see Loyd doing that..
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

Oh that's right, I remember reading about Dargan as well. I honestly think, with all the talent on this squad, the staff is going to find a guy who will be a solid option. Bralon backed up DAT for a year, so i have a feeling whoever steps in will be a decent game breaker as well, maybe not much as Bralon, but still a threat.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I thought I saw that Devon Allen was practicing returning punts and that he returned punts in high school. I know it's a complete guess at this point, but I think he'll end up being the starting punt returner due to Addison's absence.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

pudgejeff wrote:
andreezy wrote:It'll be interesting to see who takes punts this year now that Bralon is out. I believe rob said that Bralon, Ifo and Johnny Lloyd were out there taking punts the other day...At this point i don't think Lloyd will be ready to catch punts, so that leaves Ifo and ??
I think Ifo would be a great punt returner, and it may help his draft stock if he has some success, just not sure if the coaches would want him back there full time.
Any other guesses? Maybe a sure handed guy, such as Darren Carrington?
How about Keanon Lowe, Devon Allen, Dior Mathis, Troy Hill looked good on his kickoff return vs Arizona, Maybe even a rb, like Ayele Forde?
Lloyd has a good 5 months to spend catching punts, I don't see any reason he wouldn't be ready by then. So it more comes down to whether he is capable or not. Might see a guy like Charles Nelson back there.
Agreed on both counts. I think Nelson is a good candidate, and I'd probably echo another poster who mentioned Devon Allen. I'm not overly concerned with the PR duties, if we can even get a guy who just routinely and successfully fields the punt, we'll be ok.
AKA: CAgrown
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

I agree, and I'm not really worried, more just curious to see what will happen. There are lots of great options.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think Coach Campbell already mentioned Charles Nelson and Tony James as two guys he is really expecting to step up to help replace some of DATs production on offense. Could be real interesting as Royce Freeman ain't no slouch either so perhaps we see Tyner's role change a bit too.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Post by Phenom »

Updated after Spring Game. I don't have Devon starting at WR, but he will play a bunch.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I expect Tyrell to move up that DC as we get closer to the opening game. From the limited time he played last year he impressed me a lot. Allioti said he would have been starting last year if were not for his lack of knowledge when it came to the defensive playbook (which is understandable for a FROSH).
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Updated after transfers and new commit.

I don't know if Mahalak redshirts and I don't think Swain redshirts after Dunmore and Robinson transferred.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:I think Coach Campbell already mentioned Charles Nelson and Tony James as two guys he is really expecting to step up to help replace some of DATs production on offense. Could be real interesting as Royce Freeman ain't no slouch either so perhaps we see Tyner's role change a bit too.
Forgot how loaded we are in the backfield... Going to be nasty for defenses.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:I think Coach Campbell already mentioned Charles Nelson and Tony James as two guys he is really expecting to step up to help replace some of DATs production on offense. Could be real interesting as Royce Freeman ain't no slouch either so perhaps we see Tyner's role change a bit too.
Tyner will be the starter, Marshall has been splitting time at RB and tzr.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Just shuffled a few things around. It's looking like Fisher was moved to LT after Johnstone's injury and Andre and Hunt will battle for the RT spot. This also means that Crosby is unlikely to redshirt. Also, looking like everyone's favorite (;)) CB Hill will start opposite of Ifo. Neal recently said that he would've challenged Mitchell for the starting spot if he had come back. Mahalak isn't as far along as we all thought he would be and he will likely redshirt unless he improves on some mechanical stuff.

EDIT: Moseley said Loyd will be the punt returner this year.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:Just shuffled a few things around. It's looking like Fisher was moved to LT after Johnstone's injury and Andre and Hunt will battle for the RT spot. This also means that Crosby is unlikely to redshirt. Also, looking like everyone's favorite (;)) CB Hill will start opposite of Ifo. Neal recently said that he would've challenged Mitchell for the starting spot if he had come back. Mahalak isn't as far along as we all thought he would be and he will likely redshirt unless he improves on some mechanical stuff.

EDIT: Moseley said Loyd will be the punt returner this year.
Where'd you see this?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

From the comment section of a practice report...
Ashley Conklin · Sports Editor at The Tribune
Who do you think will be the No. 1 punt returner? Seems like Loyd is getting a lot of looks there.
Reply · · 22 hours ago

Rob Moseley · Top Commenter · Editor in Chief, GoDucks.com at University of Oregon
J-Loyd
Reply · · 3 · 22 hours ago
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Good for Loyd if it's true. As long as he can hold onto the ball, I think he'll do a great job.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13