#4 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: #9 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Post by QuackininBama »

lukeyrid13 wrote: I have still yet to find a place that shows Stanford players in their actual year. Who all did they lose and return?
greenyellow wrote: But Stanford didn't actually graduate that many. Announcers kept saying they were losing a bunch but Stanford lists players by their academic year, not their athletic eligibility year, so they lost about the same amount as Oregon. They did lose some valuable SRs and early entry JRs, but still have plenty of talent left.

Ok...since this has been a hot topic all year I went through one by one by one and found all the seniors according to the football program. Now does a senior attend the senior activities on senior day twice in consecutive years if they are going to be a 5th year senior? I dunno, you guys tell me. But these are the players who ran out onto the football field honoring Standfords seniors.

83 Dudchock, Davis TE
76 Danser, Kevin OG
83 Dudchock, Davis TE
37 Gaertner, Chris FS
25 Gaffney, Tyler RB
49 Gardner, Ben DE
85 Hewitt, Ryan FB
35 Lancaster, Jarek ILB
90 Mauro, Josh DE
61 McFadden, Conor C
93 Murphy, Trent OLB
20 Nelson, Keanu WR
10 Olson, David QB
96 Plantaric, Eddie TE
29 Reynolds, Ed FS
11 Skov, Shayne ILB
18 Trojan, Jeff WR
50 Underwood, Cole OG
32 Wilkerson, Anthony RB
65 Wilkes, Khalil C
54 Yankey, David OG

I found this as well but i would need to do more research. The information is thin and spread over a dozen web sites it seems.
The Stanford Cardinal won their second-straight Pac-12 title in 2013 thanks to another dominant season from their offensive line. However, David Shaw will face some serious turnover on the offensive front as four starting offensive linemen, including two-time All-American David Yankey, will not be back in 2014.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football ... PZxJFp7.99
Another article:
By David Lombardi
Stanford Football Insider
Posted Jan 5, 2014

After two supersonic years, Stanford's defense may finally take a step back in 2014, though the tools to be good are certainly still there. At the end of the day, though, overcoming the losses of Shayne Skov, Trent Murphy, Josh Mauro, and potentially even Ed Reynolds will be a huge challenge for this unit. Here's the full rundown.
http://stanford.scout.com/2/1363220.html
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:228 Days until kick-off! Just around the corner :)
I'm hoping Mariota plays with a chip on his shoulder and kills it next year. Now that Stanfords vets are all graduated I think we can cross that river this time.
But Stanford didn't actually graduate that many. Announcers kept saying they were losing a bunch but Stanford lists players by their academic year, not their athletic eligibility year, so they lost about the same amount as Oregon. They did lose some valuable SRs and early entry JRs, but still have plenty of talent left.
I have still yet to find a place that shows Stanford players in their actual year. Who all did they lose and return?
it doesn't matter what stanford returns cause we aren't gonna be able to compete with them.. not according to this guy..
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-foot ... 014-season
Oregon still has supporters at the betting window, but the Ducks are no longer a contender. This coaching staff is unlikely ever to win even a division crown, and our bet is that this team ends the season unranked. The Pac-12 North is still the stronger division, but Stanford and Washington will be the league's top powers for the next few years and the biggest challenge from the Pac-12 South may eventually come from Arizona. The whole league is improving rapidly, and Oregon won't be regaining its dominant status any time soon.
...lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

swagnatic101 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:228 Days until kick-off! Just around the corner :)
I'm hoping Mariota plays with a chip on his shoulder and kills it next year. Now that Stanfords vets are all graduated I think we can cross that river this time.
But Stanford didn't actually graduate that many. Announcers kept saying they were losing a bunch but Stanford lists players by their academic year, not their athletic eligibility year, so they lost about the same amount as Oregon. They did lose some valuable SRs and early entry JRs, but still have plenty of talent left.
I have still yet to find a place that shows Stanford players in their actual year. Who all did they lose and return?
it doesn't matter what stanford returns cause we aren't gonna be able to compete with them.. not according to this guy..
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-foot ... 014-season
Oregon still has supporters at the betting window, but the Ducks are no longer a contender. This coaching staff is unlikely ever to win even a division crown, and our bet is that this team ends the season unranked. The Pac-12 North is still the stronger division, but Stanford and Washington will be the league's top powers for the next few years and the biggest challenge from the Pac-12 South may eventually come from Arizona. The whole league is improving rapidly, and Oregon won't be regaining its dominant status any time soon.
...lol

lol, and people pay for that opinion?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

swagnatic101 wrote:
...lol
Hahahahah. I'm guessing hes a Husky fan. That is beyond delusional.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Only 176 days until kick off!

When is the Duck's Spring Game?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:Only 176 days until kick off!

When is the Duck's Spring Game?
Sat, May 03 Spring Game Eugene, Ore. 11:00 a.m.
Pac-12 Networks

Yay, not too far off!

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Spring game is on my birthday this year. Very nice :D
nogerO
Senior

#9 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Post by nogerO »

Can't wait for some football!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

153 days left... About 5 months. Go Ducks!

Also spring game is only 34 days away.

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

120 days until opening weekend! will be here before we know it!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Bud Lee wrote:120 days until opening weekend! will be here before we know it!
And spring game is Saturday!!
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

This game was just announced as a 7:30 night game on the Pac 12 network. Sucks. At least an opener like this has the prospect of being played on a beautiful late summer day. Instead it's late night with a long drive home.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

wlduck wrote:This game was just announced as a 7:30 night game on the Pac 12 network. Sucks. At least an opener like this has the prospect of being played on a beautiful late summer day. Instead it's late night with a long drive home.

that sucks for me, I don't think I get the PAC 12 network with dish.

anyone have UVerse?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wlduck wrote:This game was just announced as a 7:30 night game on the Pac 12 network. Sucks. At least an opener like this has the prospect of being played on a beautiful late summer day. Instead it's late night with a long drive home.
Yeah that's pretty terrible. I'd be OK if it was a bigger game, but I'm not a fan of these weak non conference games being played so late. Let me at least get a tan...