Post by Bud Lee »

Only 234 days away....never too soon to start a thread! Right? :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: #9 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah, that's too long. But we do have Olympics and March Madness to get us through until Spring time. Then some spring football to help us all with our sanity. And the World Cup is in the summer.

Excited for Ducks baseball too.

But 8 more months, man...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

How does Oregon look in Baseball this year? Believe it or not baseball is pretty huge here considering we don't have a instate pro team.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Oh, and when it comes to the Olympics...I'm a junkie. Love the stuff! I wish I grew up in the north, I believe that I would of been a Olympian by now if did. Curling looks like a sport I would dominate! :lol:
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Bud Lee wrote:How does Oregon look in Baseball this year? Believe it or not baseball is pretty huge here considering we don't have a instate pro team.
ducks ranked #6 in the collegiate preseason pole. Ducks are very well coached. Always play a tough schedule.
Pac-12 is usually the best conference in the country. Beavers are ranked #4 in same pole i believe.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

duckfan22 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:How does Oregon look in Baseball this year? Believe it or not baseball is pretty huge here considering we don't have a instate pro team.
ducks ranked #6 in the collegiate preseason pole. Ducks are very well coached. Always play a tough schedule.
Pac-12 is usually the best conference in the country. Beavers are ranked #4 in same pole i believe.
And when they are not the best the SEC is ;)

Been some great PAC vs SEC match ups over the past 13 years. More often than not it is either a PAC, SEC team or both in the final series at Omaha.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Coyotes :evil: Hate 'em

Invasive species in Western Oregon. (Lack of wolves allowed them to move over the mountains in the 1940s)

Pet killers in the middle of the city. They don't belong here.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Bud Lee wrote:Oh, and when it comes to the Olympics...I'm a junkie. Love the stuff! I wish I grew up in the north, I believe that I would of been a Olympian by now if did. Curling looks like a sport I would dominate! :lol:
Image Anybody else think an integral part of the PT for that sport involves "bending an elbow" repetitiously?

ImageImage
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Coyotes are awesome, don't know what you're talking about. If your cat wasn't so fat it wouldn't get caught by a coyote. And if you have chickens in the city, I'm sure the neighbors are relieved when the coyotes get them. :)
My cat was a little chubby but she was a 99% indoor cat. Only went out 5 minutes each morning into a fenced back yard. But overweight or not she was part of the family and a real sweetheart.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

woundedknees wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Oh, and when it comes to the Olympics...I'm a junkie. Love the stuff! I wish I grew up in the north, I believe that I would of been a Olympian by now if did. Curling looks like a sport I would dominate! :lol:
Image Anybody else think an integral part of the PT for that sport involves "bending an elbow" repetitiously?

ImageImage
Regis Philbin does.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It sucks Lindsey Vonn is out big time, huge asset and eye candy for the US. And about Oregon baseball, how is Oregon baseball looking this year? They've been pretty good lately, are they expected to improve this year?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

woundedknees wrote:

ImageImage

That is why i think i would be great at the sport
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Hey there aren't many sports you can be an Olympic Medalist in that affords you to have a beer in one hand!
Not too shabby!
:lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

mrpd21 wrote:Hey there aren't many sports you can be an Olympic Medalist in that affords you to have a beer in one hand!
Not too shabby!
Personally, I believe petanque should be a summer Olympic sport.

I do still have dreams of trying for the US kayaking team...alas....work keeps getting in the way :cry:
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Bud Lee wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Hey there aren't many sports you can be an Olympic Medalist in that affords you to have a beer in one hand!
Not too shabby!
Personally, I believe petanque should be a summer Olympic sport.

I do still have dreams of trying for the US kayaking team...alas....work keeps getting in the way :cry:
Hey Bud, have you ever played pétanque? Great game, but not as easy as you think!

Try out your kayaking skills in Bend, Oregon's PPP (Pole Pedal Paddle) in May! It is a great annual event! I participated for the first time last year and had a blast. I did the sixth and final leg, the half mile sprint. :D

Notice the plane that we flew on?