#4 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: #9 Oregon Ducks vs South Dakota Coyotes

Post by Bud Lee »

goducks wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Hey there aren't many sports you can be an Olympic Medalist in that affords you to have a beer in one hand!
Not too shabby!
:lol:
Personally, I believe petanque should be a summer Olympic sport.

I do still have dreams of trying for the US kayaking team...alas....work keeps getting in the way :cry:
Hey Bud, have you ever played pétanque? Great game, but not as easy as you think!

Try out your kayaking skills in Bend, Oregon's PPP (Pole Pedal Paddle) in May! It is a great annual event! I participated for the first time last year and had a blast. I did the sixth and final leg, the half mile sprint. :D

I’ve been playing petanque for years…literally. I got my first set back in the late 90’s. Love it! Personally I prefer petanque over bocce. I find it much more challenging.

The PPP looks AWESOME! I have never snow skied in my life but my chubby arse bikes, runs and kayaks regularly. I actually just had tricep surgery so I have not been out on the water lately but I’m dying to. I’m going to have to show this to my friends to see if we can get a trip together.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Bud Lee wrote:
goducks wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Hey there aren't many sports you can be an Olympic Medalist in that affords you to have a beer in one hand!
Not too shabby!
Personally, I believe petanque should be a summer Olympic sport.

I do still have dreams of trying for the US kayaking team...alas....work keeps getting in the way :cry:
Hey Bud, have you ever played pétanque? Great game, but not as easy as you think!

Try out your kayaking skills in Bend, Oregon's PPP (Pole Pedal Paddle) in May! It is a great annual event! I participated for the first time last year and had a blast. I did the sixth and final leg, the half mile sprint. :D

I’ve been playing petanque for years…literally. I got my first set back in the late 90’s. Love it! Personally I prefer petanque over bocce. I find it much more challenging.

The PPP looks AWESOME! I have never snow skied in my life but my chubby arse bikes, runs and kayaks regularly. I actually just had tricep surgery so I have not been out on the water lately but I’m dying to. I’m going to have to show this to my friends to see if we can get a trip together.
You and your buddies should come to Bend and participate in the PPP, it is TONS of fun! You may never leave, it is a BEAUTIFUL place and with 20 microbreweries it is also known as "Beervana" as there is one brewery for every 9,111 people. The PPP is one of the big reasons why my summer in Bend starts in May!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

228 Days until kick-off! Just around the corner :)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:228 Days until kick-off! Just around the corner :)
I've waited that long 38.5 times already. I should be able to manage.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

210 days until kickoff....time is flying!

signing day next week...then spring game...before you know it we will be talking tailgating for the opener :D
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Bud Lee wrote:210 days until kickoff....time is flying!

signing day next week...then spring game...before you know it we will be talking tailgating for the opener :D
In all fairness , it's never to early to start planning the opening tailgate of any sport.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Coyotes are awesome, don't know what you're talking about. If your cat wasn't so fat it wouldn't get caught by a coyote. And if you have chickens in the city, I'm sure the neighbors are relieved when the coyotes get them. :)

What "city" has coyotes anyway?

population <5,000?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fpsduck wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:Coyotes are awesome, don't know what you're talking about. If your cat wasn't so fat it wouldn't get caught by a coyote. And if you have chickens in the city, I'm sure the neighbors are relieved when the coyotes get them. :)

What "city" has coyotes anyway?

population <5,000?
Coyotes have actually moved into most major cities in the US and Canada due to few natural predators and them being highly adaptable. Just watched a PBS program that showed coyotes living in LA, Chicago, New York City, and plenty of other cities.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Can't wait for the season to start even more now. It will shut up those Seattle people when Oregon beats Washington for the 11th straight time and wins the natty.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

All football is over now. Only about 29 weeks left until football starts up again?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:All football is over now. Only about 29 weeks left until football starts up again?
While there's no actual counting games, we still have spring drills and the Spring Game to tide us over in about 2 months.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm hoping Mariota plays with a chip on his shoulder and kills it next year. Now that Stanfords vets are all graduated I think we can cross that river this time.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

QuackininBama wrote:
I'm hoping Mariota plays with a chip on his shoulder and kills it next year. Now that Stanfords vets are all graduated I think we can cross that river this time.
But Stanford didn't actually graduate that many. Announcers kept saying they were losing a bunch but Stanford lists players by their academic year, not their athletic eligibility year, so they lost about the same amount as Oregon. They did lose some valuable SRs and early entry JRs, but still have plenty of talent left.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
But Stanford didn't actually graduate that many. Announcers kept saying they were losing a bunch but Stanford lists players by their academic year, not their athletic eligibility year, so they lost about the same amount as Oregon. They did lose some valuable SRs and early entry JRs, but still have plenty of talent left.
I have still yet to find a place that shows Stanford players in their actual year. Who all did they lose and return?
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Curling is freaking awesome.