Addison Injures Knee?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: Addison Injures Knee?

Post by rockthief »

I cannot express how much I hate this news :evil:

The kid is dynamite, absolutely fierce on the field. After all the crazy catches last season this happens in practice.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

First Carrington now Addison, I sure hope it doesn't turn into one of those seasons again. Let's hope it stops at those two.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think Carrington will be back for the fall at the latest, but IDK about Addison. It sucks because he relies on his agility a lot and I hope it isn't gone after this injury.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Phenom wrote:I think Carrington will be back for the fall at the latest, but IDK about Addison. It sucks because he relies on his agility a lot and I hope it isn't gone after this injury.

Addison will probably miss the entire 2014 season. Huge blow to our national title hopes.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

DAT_man_again wrote:
Phenom wrote:I think Carrington will be back for the fall at the latest, but IDK about Addison. It sucks because he relies on his agility a lot and I hope it isn't gone after this injury.

Addison will probably miss the entire 2014 season. Huge blow to our national title hopes.

Exactly my thought. Players like Addison are what separates a really good team from a great team.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Dang. Massive hit to the team, Addison is special. He brings such stability and dependability to WR along with his dynamic capabilities, he will really be missed this season. Hopefully Lubick can hurry along some of the young guys.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

So with Addison out what's the predicted rotation?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

It's never a good thing to have someone get hurt and be out for the season, but it's better to happen now than mid-season. There is a lot of time to make adjustments and get someone to fill that spot. You never know who will step up and be magical. Opportunity is now banging down the door.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

Stanford had almost as big of an impact their freshman year as Bralon did, so I'm hopeful he can fill some of void. Not necessarily a game breaker, but a tough match-up that we didn't have last year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

duckfan22 wrote:That sucks...such a weapon on offense and special teams. Hard to fill that spot but its
now next man up...Carrington or Lowe or ? they have weapons. But man that hurts.
I read at the R-G that Carrington is out indefinitely, too.

There's definitely a concern regarding leadership, but, to me, I also feel concerned about our inexperienced receivers going against a mostly inexperienced secondary. It seems like it would be difficult to judge how good those young guys really are (and vice-versa) without going up against proven defenders, with the exception of Ekpre, of course.

Just thinking out loud.
John 3:36
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

and thinking aloud as well - how about Forde as a wide rcvr? He has done well on special teams and in fourth quarters running. Lowe will help for sure. He is a hell of a player.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well, unfortunately I'm more confident in my prediction that this will be a breakout year for BJ Kelley and Devon Allen.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

SuperDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:That sucks...such a weapon on offense and special teams. Hard to fill that spot but its
now next man up...Carrington or Lowe or ? they have weapons. But man that hurts.
I read at the R-G that Carrington is out indefinitely, too.

There's definitely a concern regarding leadership, but, to me, I also feel concerned about our inexperienced receivers going against a mostly inexperienced secondary. It seems like it would be difficult to judge how good those young guys really are (and vice-versa) without going up against proven defenders, with the exception of Ekpre, of course.

Just thinking out loud.
Yeah, I get that some leadership is what you do on the field, but it seems Lowe was the de-facto leader of the WR bunch this year so far. On the field, it may be tough to duplicate what Addison can give, but this is next man up. Someone (or two) will hopefully grasp this opportunity and run with it. They may realize it's not playtime anymore and they may actually be playing for a spot in the rotation. Hopefully the cream rises to the top. You never know, a true gem might be discovered.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Well, unfortunately I'm more confident in my prediction that this will be a breakout year for BJ Kelley and Devon Allen.
I have a feeling Stanford is going to surprise , seems everyone forgot about him due to his injury last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With Carrington it sounds like he has a wrist injury that he'll likely return from, but he's going to have to miss spring drills. As for Addison, Oregon will need all their young WRs to step it up. There just aren't many WRs with a lot of experience with Huff and Hawkins gone from graduation and now Addison out with injury. Lowe is the only guy with any measurable playing time. They have all spring and fall camp to find the answers so it's not going to hurt them just yet.