Addison Injures Knee?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Addison Injures Knee?

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck24 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Mariota can get ANYONE the ball. Terrible news for Addison, hes a great kid and great player, but I don't see us missing a beat.
Receiver has to be open to have a chance for Mariota to throw him the ball.
My thinking here is, 1. Mariota can get anyone the ball. We are deep at WR although yes, inexperienced, however this brings me to my second point,
2. This is college. Every single year you lose your most talented, experienced players and programs like ours its just "next man up". I am honestly not worried at all.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Oregon has the depth to fill the void, I just feel bad for him
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

Devon Allen was stated to be getting reps at slot, next man up. Be back soon 11
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

New rumor. Is another receiver injuried?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ducksvb6 wrote:New rumor. Is another receiver injuried?
I think Carrington injured his hand, but that was before Addison. Someone besides them?
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

I know about Carrington. Is there another? Just a rumor floating.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ducksvb6 wrote:I know about Carrington. Is there another? Just a rumor floating.
Hmm. Not sure. If you read Moseley's reports it looks like all the other WRs are playing. I did hear on another site (not a Duck site) that 3 guys tore their ACL that day. I saw Elijah George in crutches and a brace on his knee the other day at school...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Frost said Carrington could be back before spring practice are over. Also hearing Allen has looked good so far and caught 2 tds in the scrimmage.
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

ducksvb6 wrote:I know about Carrington. Is there another? Just a rumor floating.
Pharaoh Brown was on crutches a few days ago...maybe him?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ljginger wrote:
Pharaoh Brown was on crutches a few days ago...maybe him?
Damn. So maybe the 3 ACL thing was true...
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Mariota can get ANYONE the ball. Terrible news for Addison, hes a great kid and great player, but I don't see us missing a beat.
My thinking here is, 1. Mariota can get anyone the ball. We are deep at WR although yes, inexperienced, however this brings me to my second point,
2. This is college. Every single year you lose your most talented, experienced players and programs like ours its just "next man up". I am honestly not worried at all.
^This. Someone earlier mentioned our national title hopes being hurt this year, but to me, that was last year when Mariota got hurt. One of the other guys is going to step up and fill the void. Hell, if a defensive back by the name of Jeff Maehl can step in and be special when injuries decimated the team, I think we're gonna be okay.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
^This. Someone earlier mentioned our national title hopes being hurt this year, but to me, that was last year when Mariota got hurt. One of the other guys is going to step up and fill the void. Hell, if a defensive back by the name of Jeff Maehl can step in and be special when injuries decimated the team, I think we're gonna be okay.
If it turns out Pharoah Brown is injured then I'm going to be scared of an 07 flashback. Just like with Dixon on that team, as long as Mariota is healthy and good we can be fine, obviously it hurts big time to lose great players like Addison, but if Mariota is healthy, the team can keep rolling. But if Mariota goes down, then just like when Dixon went down, I'm afraid that's when everything will fall apart. It probably won't be quite as bad cause I believe the backup, whether it be Lockie, Rodriguez, or Hobbs, would do a much better job than Brady Leaf. I mean, it's not like they can do any worse.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Problem was that leaf and costa went down too. Not that leaf was ever great but if he wasn't hobbled against Arizona then who knows.

Do you really trust lockie or Rodrigues more than leaf?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Problem was that leaf and costa went down too. Not that leaf was ever great but if he wasn't hobbled against Arizona then who knows.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Problem was that leaf and costa went down too. Not that leaf was ever great but if he wasn't hobbled against Arizona then who knows.

I do.