Dorial green beckham?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Dorial green beckham?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Any chance our coaches are going to go after him? With Addison going down he would be a huge addition on the field. Ff the field who knows. Maybe it's bad of me but id take him in all things considered
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Dorial green beckham?

Post by Phenom »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Any chance our coaches are going to go after him? With Addison going down he would be a huge addition on the field. Ff the field who knows. Maybe it's bad of me but id take him in all things considered
No thanks. Dude is an absolute headcase. I'm not one of those that put our team on a pedestal, but DGB is a nut.
Last edited by Phenom on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Any chance our coaches are going to go after him? With Addison going down he would be a huge addition on the field. Ff the field who knows. Maybe it's bad of me but id take him in all things considered
Yes, let's bring in a guy who has had multiple off the field issues including a recent felony burglary charge (which was only dropped because the victim feared that there would be retaliation in light of several text messages that Green-Beckham's girlfriend sent). If Gary Pinkel kicked him off the team, then he has major issues.

Could see him ending up at Texas Tech.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Well.... In my defense I did not know those details^

I just want a go to receiver
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Did he also push a women down a flight of stairs? You gotta draw the line somewhere
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Jeez. Ok I definitely retract my statement then.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I was not aware of the issues he has had. I know he got released from Missouri and wondered why. Now given the issues can see why he got kicked off the team. My immediate reaction without knowing the issues would still probably been a no do not want him. I figured he had some sort of issues and given some of the mentality that Oregon had last year, wanted Oregon to pass on him. The complacency the team had late in the season was something that raised a red flag to me when comes to Helfrich. I am not sold on Helfrich being able to fix any issues that might come up during a season.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ yeah I was unaware of exactly what he did. I just assumed a few failed drug tests. Not that I condone this either.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Leave it to Oregon fans to take a thread on DGB and turn it into a Helfrich bashing
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Well, although I definitely don't condone the things he's done, it's also not my place to judge him. If he's got an ounce of sense, he knows that he's just dodged a MAJOR bullet and could easily be sitting in jail.

He's going to have to sit out a year and he'll have a lot of time to prove that he's making strides in the right direction. Most players deserve and get a second chance, especially when they have talent like he does.

Bellotti took a chance on Ritchie Incognito. It didn't last long, but he did it. Chip had to deal with LeGarrette Blount's Boise State fiasco, Kiko Alonso's interesting evening (:-)) and finally dismissed a very talented Cliff Harris. Helfrich has already had to deal with Colt Lyerla, Troy Hill and the kid that was suspended for throwing snowballs (Dargan?).

My point is that Oregon has a history of giving talented kids a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Helfrich, Frost and Matt Lubick show some interest. Then again, if it were a certain thing that the kid was going to be "one and done" they may not think it was worth the trouble.

Time will tell.
John 3:36
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

SuperDuck wrote:Well, although I definitely don't condone the things he's done, it's also not my place to judge him. If he's got an ounce of sense, he knows that he's just dodged a MAJOR bullet and could easily be sitting in jail.

He's going to have to sit out a year and he'll have a lot of time to prove that he's making strides in the right direction. Most players deserve and get a second chance, especially when they have talent like he does.

Bellotti took a chance on Ritchie Incognito. It didn't last long, but he did it. Chip had to deal with LeGarrette Blount's Boise State fiasco, Kiko Alonso's interesting evening (:-)) and finally dismissed a very talented Cliff Harris. Helfrich has already had to deal with Colt Lyerla, Troy Hill and the kid that was suspended for throwing snowballs (Dargan?).

My point is that Oregon has a history of giving talented kids a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Helfrich, Frost and Matt Lubick show some interest. Then again, if it were a certain thing that the kid was going to be "one and done" they may not think it was worth the trouble.

You are kidding right????????? Do you not think some lessons were learned in the past???? Do you sometimes wonder why we pass on 'can't miss' recruits??????
This guy has some serious issues and IF the DUCKS were interested there would be some serious concern on the part of MANY people.

Time will tell.

You are kidding right????????? Do you not think some lessons were learned in the past???? Do you sometimes wonder why we pass on 'can't miss' recruits??????
This guy has some serious issues and IF the DUCKS were interested there would be some serious concern on the part of MANY people.
MM in Cali
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

mm55 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:Well, although I definitely don't condone the things he's done, it's also not my place to judge him. If he's got an ounce of sense, he knows that he's just dodged a MAJOR bullet and could easily be sitting in jail.

Time will tell.

I'm just making conversation. I don't see any reason to overreact. ?????????????????????????????

The coaches will handle it the way they see fit. Personally, I hope they don't - unless someone else in the conference were thinking about taking him. Then it might be worth it, but who knows? Who cares? I really don't.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Honestly, most head cases don't pan out. Top ones off my head... Rodney Woods, Derrick Jones, and Jamere Holland...

Onterrio Smith is probably one of the few who did it big at Oregon after having troubles at previous school(s). And look what happened to him in the NFL, it'll catch up to you.

I'd say pass. Let a different school give him another chance.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13