UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Ducks Monday #10 Practice Report / Videos

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://ducksattack.com/uo-football-spring-practice-10/

(2nd Scrimmage)

Link should work now! Let me know if anyone has problems.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Re: Ducks Monday #10 Practice Report / Videos

Post by UofDuck »

Spring camps always make one wonder.... was the offense that good? or the defense that bad?, or the other way around.

Reports are the d-line has been much more dominant this year and getting after our QBs, which sounds great, but begs the obvious question, is our o-line struggling?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Looks like Devon Allen is starting to show some consistency this spring. Interesting to read that Loyd and Dargan were backing taking punts.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UofDuck wrote:Spring camps always make one wonder.... was the offense that good? or the defense that bad?, or the other way around.

Reports are the d-line has been much more dominant this year and getting after our QBs, which sounds great, but begs the obvious question, is our o-line struggling?
Usually when a team scrimmages itself the defense tends to have the upper hand . I think our lines will be fine this coming year my real interest is how well the running backs are progressing. With the injury at WR it makes you wonder if we'll return to form there. Marshall showed glimpses last year but really didn't take that leap. Tyner on the other hand should have improved his ability to hold onto the ball with a season under his belt he likely won't be thinking to hard about what the play is.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UofDuck wrote:Spring camps always make one wonder.... was the offense that good? or the defense that bad?, or the other way around.

Also, Lockie and Rodirgues are getting most the reps, along with Hobbs/Allie. So it's very possible that the QBs are sitting in the pocket too long, or just aren't operating as effectively as Mariota.

Probably a combination of a lot of things, the spring game will give us a better feel for the OL vs DL issue.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Rodrigues was really good in the last scrimmage I heard. I hope he can continue that. He has a lot of of talent.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Any updates on how practices are going? Who is impressing etc...?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Any updates on how practices are going? Who is impressing etc...?
Lots of good things have been said about Thomas Tyner from all the pay sites. So I'm really expecting big things from him this year, especially with a playmaker like Addison out.