Dion Jordan Suspended

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Dion Jordan Suspended

Post by duck541 »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -for-peds/

He bulked up 20 lbs and got busted for PEDs.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Dion Jordan Suspended

Post by Phenom »

Ugh.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Seems there's no good news for the Ducks in the league. At least Kiko wasn't over something stupid, unfortunately it's an injury. I always assumed Dion was smarter than this .
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

He gained 20 pounds and only cost him 4 games. If he can turn it into more playing time and better play then it might have been worth it. At least he didn't do it while a Duck.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

So more playing time makes it ok to take PED's?? Really?

I am disappointed its cheating plain and simple... and it is not ok regardless whether gives him more playing time.. it is still wrong.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Isn't that why 1000's or tens of 1000's of athletes have done this in all sports from track to football? It's not like he's the first, the only, or the last. If he had done it or got caught while here at UO then I'd be more disappointed, but he didn't.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Allow all substances to be used, let them beef up, and watch the insanity happen
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

double post
Last edited by Duck07 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This is why Miami shouldn't have drafted him, he's not a 4-3 end and they need to quit trying to make him Jason Taylor 2.0

The "team leader" in Mike Pouncey is a f'in clown who still hasn't learned and hopefully Dion can get out of Miami fast. The first thought that came to my mind was his asking price has now gone down making him easier to pick up (if your name is Chip and you're looking for OLB in the NFL, lol)
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:This is why Miami shouldn't have drafted him, he's not a 4-3 end and they need to quit trying to make him Jason Taylor 2.0

The "team leader" in Mike Pouncey is a f'in clown who still hasn't learned and hopefully Dion can get out of Miami fast. The first thought that came to my mind was his asking price has now gone down making him easier to pick up (if your name is Chip and you're looking for OLB in the NFL, lol)
This was a thought of mine as well. I'm just afraid of Chip pulling a Steve Spurrier and getting a bunch of his old players and fizzling out of the NFL when they don't produce.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:This is why Miami shouldn't have drafted him, he's not a 4-3 end and they need to quit trying to make him Jason Taylor 2.0

This was a thought of mine as well. I'm just afraid of Chip pulling a Steve Spurrier and getting a bunch of his old players and fizzling out of the NFL when they don't produce.
Chip is loyal but he certainly ain't stupid....ie. Patrick Chung. What I wanna know is how Chip is going to get Mariota on the Eagles....The NFL would be soooooooo good if this happened.

Edit: Chip also has never misused a player from what I remember, or played them out of position. He is a dissectologist of football
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

bigsugarduck wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:

Chip is loyal but he certainly ain't stupid....ie. Patrick Chung. What I wanna know is how Chip is going to get Mariota on the Eagles....The NFL would be soooooooo good if this happened.

Edit: Chip also has never misused a player from what I remember, or played them out of position. He is a dissectologist of football
I'm not saying he is. I was just voicing a concern of mine. I live just south of Gainesville, and Spurrier was worshiped down here before he was at South Carolina and that was one of his knocks in the pros.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well about the only comparison to Chip and Steve is that they were both once College Coaches who continue to wear visors. Seriously, Chip didn't try to bring his entire staff over with him like Steve, he didn't force players into his system. Making Jeff Maehl your #5 WR and keeping Bair and Murphy on Practice Squad just don't compare to Rex Grossman and spending your time golfing.

Chip operates a Run-based spread offense and while he's an equal opportunist, Spurrier was all about just throwing the ball around. After last year anyone trying to make a Chip is like Spurrier claim is only showing how truly ignorant they are!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Why is anyone acting surprised. I'd bet at least 50% of the NFL uses stuff that is banned from the NFL. Guys just aren't that big, fast, strong and heal as fast without some help.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:Well about the only comparison to Chip and Steve is that they were both once College Coaches who continue to wear visors. Seriously, Chip didn't try to bring his entire staff over with him like Steve, he didn't force players into his system. Making Jeff Maehl your #5 WR and keeping Bair and Murphy on Practice Squad just don't compare to Rex Grossman and spending your time golfing.

Chip operates a Run-based spread offense and while he's an equal opportunist, Spurrier was all about just throwing the ball around. After last year anyone trying to make a Chip is like Spurrier claim is only showing how truly ignorant they are!
I think it is reasonable to bring up Spurrier as an example of being to married to one's players in college. I agree that so far, Chip hasn't done this. He gives his old guys a chance, and some work out and some don't. He didn't go gaga over DaT in the draft, which is to his credit. If he can pick Oregon guys up on the cheap (I'm thinking of Dion and LaMichael) and use them better than others did, that would just add to his coaching prowess.

I admit that I never got why Dion was drafted so high, and I imagine there is a lot of pressure on him to perform. It's a shame that he took this step that he never had to do in college (as far as we know). Hopefully he gets his head on straight and gets in a better situation.