Stewart Mandel picks Oregon 3rd in North

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Stewart Mandel picks Oregon 3rd in North

Post by greenyellow »

Fox Sports' Stewart Mandel is picking Washington to win the North Division and Oregon to finish 3rd. His argument is rather thin and he seems to be drinking the Chris Petersen Kool-Aid.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... d-asu.html
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Stewart Mandel picks Oregon 3rd in North

Post by SuperDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Fox Sports' Stewart Mandel is picking Washington to win the North Division and Oregon to finish 3rd. His argument is rather thin and he seems to be drinking the Chris Petersen Kool-Aid.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... d-asu.html

I think that Stewart Mandel's had a relapse. Reality's knocking but nobody's home.
John 3:36
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I can't get overly worked up about something like this, though if it in any way assists the Ducks's motivation for this season, great. Journalists want readers, and picking a big downturn for the Ducks will probably help achieve that (didn't it? . . . ). The Ducks did show cracks in their armor last year, so why not draw attention to yourself by arguing that it could continue? Fortunately, the games will start soon enough.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Greenblood wrote:I can't get overly worked up about something like this, though if it in any way assists the Ducks's motivation for this season, great. Journalists want readers, and picking a big downturn for the Ducks will probably help achieve that (didn't it? . . . ). The Ducks did show cracks in their armor last year, so why not draw attention to yourself by arguing that it could continue? Fortunately, the games will start soon enough.

The Ducks showed chinks in their armour last year with their poor red zone offense, Mariota's injury and poor backup QB play. At the same time, they only dropped from averaging 49 points per game to 45 ppg and that with both Helfrich and Frost in their first year.

Like you said, the games will start soon enough.
John 3:36
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Hits to website. Nothing more.
MM in Cali
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greenblood wrote:I can't get overly worked up about something like this, though if it in any way assists the Ducks's motivation for this season, great. Journalists want readers, and picking a big downturn for the Ducks will probably help achieve that (didn't it? . . . ). The Ducks did show cracks in their armor last year, so why not draw attention to yourself by arguing that it could continue? Fortunately, the games will start soon enough.
But Washington? He harps on Oregon's departures of NA and CK, but apparently the departure of Sark means instance winning and success in Seattle. His reasoning is flawed, but I do agree Oregon showed they were vulnerable last year, however I trust our coaches will have this team ready to win the Pac-12 this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Yawn, nothing to see here. Every year a few are picking our demise. I don't think its actually they believe it, it just makes for good reading. It would be a pretty boring article if he picked the Ducks to win the division. That is like nearly a no-brainer.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

im not trying to get readers and i see a potential make or break season for helfrich here, it could get bad...we have lost alot of players we gotta find replacements for...the offense wasnt very good at the end of last year...or at least not what it could have been and MM injury and we could be talking about next year in november...however 3 reasons for optimism

1) freeman's a beast

2) pellum may have been an improvement, different attitude, different level of attention to detail

3) Mandel's knocking em, that can only be good motivation for em...
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

I don't know why it would "get bad." Losing Huff (and now Addison and Johnstone) hurts,
but everyone else on offense is coming back. Lots of young talent at wide receiver, and yeah,
I'm a huge believer in Tyner.

Regarding the running back situation: LaMichael and Kenjon played most of their college carrer
between 180 and 190 pounds. If the current roster is to be believed, Marshall is 205, Tyner
is 215 and Freeman is 229. I expect our ground game to be improved, and of course a significant
improvement in the red zone.

As for the Huskies, they lost Price, Sankey and ASF. They're coming into Autzen with an
impressive ten game losing streak. The Huskies chances of beating Oregon this year are about the
same as the 1977 Philadelphia 76rs beating the Bill Walton lead Trail Blazers.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

cmmadness wrote:I don't know why it would "get bad." Losing Huff (and now Addison and Johnstone) hurts,
but everyone else on offense is coming back. Lots of young talent at wide receiver, and yeah,
I'm a huge believer in Tyner.

Regarding the running back situation: LaMichael and Kenjon played most of their college carrer
between 180 and 190 pounds. If the current roster is to be believed, Marshall is 205, Tyner
is 215 and Freeman is 229. I expect our ground game to be improved, and of course a significant
improvement in the red zone.

As for the Huskies, they lost Price, Sankey and ASF. They're coming into Autzen with an
impressive ten game losing streak. The Huskies chances of beating Oregon this year are about the
same as the 1977 Philadelphia 76rs beating the Bill Walton lead Trail Blazers.
Exactly, I actually would give the Beavs better odds to win the conference than the Huskies.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13