Kenjon to Philly!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Kenjon to Philly!!

Post by ducksvb6 »

Just saw a tweet. He's an Eagle! Chip is building the University of Oregon at Philadelphia.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Kenyon to Philly!!

Post by FlDuckFan »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... -to-eagles

Look's like it. Wonder if he tried to get LaMichael.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

He should quickly establish himself for the #2 spot as Darren Sproles isn't going to be taking away from what KB can do. IIRC he's also been training with some of the same people as Shady McCoy this summer
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

NIIICE! Chip da man!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Good to see another duck join chip
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

"KenYon" though?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Kenjon to Philly!!

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:"KenYon" though?
Wow I just caught that.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Carolina has a deep RB stable with a couple of new guys that are getting high praise. It doesn't shock me that he left there, and it's good to see that he landed with a coach that knows what he can do.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

maybe chip will steal a page from his Oregon days and switch KB to DB.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Awesome, here's Philly's RB roster:
Barner, Kenjon RB 5-9 185 25 2 Oregon
Josey, Henry RB 5-8 194 22 R Missouri
McCoy, LeSean RB 5-11 208 26 6 Pittsburgh
Polk, Chris RB 5-11 222 24 3 Washington
Sproles, Darren RB 5-6 190 31 10 Kansas State
Tucker, Matthew RB 6-1 227 23 2 TCU

Sproles and Barner do KRing?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:He should quickly establish himself for the #2 spot as Darren Sproles isn't going to be taking away from what KB can do. IIRC he's also been training with some of the same people as Shady McCoy this summer
:lol: I like the optimism, but I won't be shocked if he's cut. He's just not physical enough for the NFL.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:He should quickly establish himself for the #2 spot as Darren Sproles isn't going to be taking away from what KB can do. IIRC he's also been training with some of the same people as Shady McCoy this summer
:lol: I like the optimism, but I won't be shocked if he's cut. He's just not physical enough for the NFL.
He won't be cut this year because the Eagles just traded a 7th rounder for him. He's likely the 3rd RB on the depth chart.

KB had some great moments as a Duck, but I never once thought of him as a significant NFL player. I've always pictured him out of the league after 5-6 seasons at most.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Lightning Strikes wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
He won't be cut this year because the Eagles just traded a 7th rounder for him. He's likely the 3rd RB on the depth chart.

KB had some great moments as a Duck, but I never once thought of him as a significant NFL player. I've always pictured him out of the league after 5-6 seasons at most.
That's a conditional 7th round pick, so he may still get cut. He had some okay moments last night, as well as a couple bad ones. If it's a close call between him and another back he'll likely have a "leg up" (couldn't resist) ;) due to Chip's loyalty and him obviously liking to surround himself with Oregon players. It seems to be a comfort zone for him.

We'll know after next week.
John 3:36
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

The article I read really made no bones about it. He was only brought in because of injuries to 2 of their runningbacks. I don't see him sticking once those guys heal up.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

KB wouldn't have been traded for if Chris Polk's hammy was ok because he was the guy they were expecting to take over the #2 spot even with Sproles in the mix. That Polk has yet to practice in TC means they are not settled with the backups just yet and once you add in McCoy's toe and thumb issues, Philly needs another RB and they didn't believe that guy was on the roster. Matthew Tucker had his best game last night but I wouldn't read too much into Barner's limited play just yet and his stat line wasn't bad. Sure, he's not starting caliber right now but I wouldn't use Carolina's zone rushing scheme to say that Barner can't be effective in Philly's zone scheme either.

LeSean is one of the league's Top 3 backs so nobody is expecting KB to win the job but he wouldn't have been traded for (even with the condition that if he gets cut the 7th rounder goes away) at this point in preseason if he wasn't very likely to make the roster at this stage, imo. I think they'll keep 4 with McCoy, Sproles, Barner and an injured Polk who if he gets put on a PUP list might allow for Tucker to make the roster initially.