Pac-12 to start broadcasting games to international fans

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Pac-12 to start broadcasting games to international fans

Post by Phenom »

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/20/pac-12 ... e-youtube/

Very cool since I'll be in Sweden in the fall! Will wait until the first game to see if it's on firstrow, if not, I'll buy the service. $15 a month or $100 a year.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12 to start broadcasting games to international fans

Post by QuackininBama »

They won't even broadcast in the south. Wish they will give us down here in the gulf a chance to see the Pac-12 network.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Interesting development! I will look out for it when I return to France next month. Thanks!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

So people with DirecTV still don't have P12 Network access, but those living out of the country will? Pretty sad how terrible both sides look in that regard.

While I think this is pretty cool, I'll likely stick to the free streaming sites when I'm abroad.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lightning Strikes wrote:So people with DirecTV still don't have P12 Network access, but those living out of the country will? Pretty sad how terrible both sides look in that regard.

While I think this is pretty cool, I'll likely stick to the free streaming sites when I'm abroad.
Switch to Dish.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Dish sucks and DTV still gives ya FREE NFL package (sometimes negotiating skills required, but it can be done). And yea, I had Pac-12 with AT&T last year, but AT&T blows and is horrifically expensive so when I moved I went back to Direct TV, who, yea, still doesn't have the Pac-12 network.

EDIT: I was just reminded that AT&T purchased Direct TV, so we may soon see a breakthrough.

This is funny:
Viewers in Southern California will be able to see the SEC Network, which launches Aug. 14 and has already reached deals with every major satellite and cable outlet in the country with the exception of Verizon FiOS.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014 ... _scot.html

Maybe stop being greedy Scott?
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

QuackininBama wrote:Dish sucks and DTV still gives ya FREE NFL package (sometimes negotiating skills required, but it can be done). And yea, I had Pac-12 with AT&T last year, but AT&T blows and is horrifically expensive so when I moved I went back to Direct TV, who, yea, still doesn't have the Pac-12 network.

EDIT: I was just reminded that AT&T purchased Direct TV, so we may soon see a breakthrough.

This is funny:

So the PAC 12 should give Direct TV a better price than what all the other providers got? DTV was offered the same deal as everyone else, how does that equate to Scott being greedy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duckduckgoose wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Dish sucks and DTV still gives ya FREE NFL package (sometimes negotiating skills required, but it can be done). And yea, I had Pac-12 with AT&T last year, but AT&T blows and is horrifically expensive so when I moved I went back to Direct TV, who, yea, still doesn't have the Pac-12 network.

This is funny:

So the PAC 12 should give Direct TV a better price than what all the other providers got? DTV was offered the same deal as everyone else, how does that equate to Scott being greedy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hangup is with Scott.
The Pac-12 Network insists on identical subscriber fees (usually a few dollars per month) for each cable/satellite customer, regardless of whether or not that household is in the conference's six-state "footprint" (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah and Colorado). The SEC Network, on the other hand, is charging more per subscriber in SEC country than it is nationwide.
I am not arguing for or against the pricing models, I am simply pointing out that Scott is insisting on the "everyone pays the same", which is fine with me, but DTV isn't going for it whereas the SEC just said "sure".
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Lightning Strikes wrote:So people with DirecTV still don't have P12 Network access, but those living out of the country will? Pretty sad how terrible both sides look in that regard.

Switch to Dish.
I don't subscribe to any cable/satellite provider. Just pointing out the absurdness of the situation between P12 and DirecTV.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah it's a silly situation, I'm still surprised one side hasn't given in yet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

It will be interesting to see if this will create an "in" for the conference in recruiting various sports, over the next few years.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

There's a guy that let's people watch the Pac-12 network through a stream of his for a small price. It's fairly high quality. Gizmoduck is his name...