Undefeated

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Undefeated

Post by pezsez1 »

Based on the end of last season and last nights game, it's perfectly fair to be concerned about the defense.
I agree, it's fair to be concerned. However, remember we also stopped Texas' power run game with no problem, so it's not all doom and gloom.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

wlduck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
mm55 wrote:After this defensive performance I think re calibrating expectations is very important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't win 70-0 at Oregon you have fallen short of expectations.
Based on the end of last season and last nights game, it's perfectly fair to be concerned about the defense.
Concerned about the ILB's, sure, but not the whole defense by any means. The DL looks to be much improved (though I don't know how much I liked the hybrid "bear," just run the actual TNT bear and really F Shhh Up - the hybrid looked "too cute" at times imo)

Some people claimed we were extremely vanilla and didn't blitz but that wasn't the case at all last night - Juwann Williams sack in the 4th was the result of a blitz as 1 example and I saw multiple line stunts throughout the game. I'm not ready to get into the "start Walker, Mattingly, Ragin, Swain at ILB" talk just yet as I think most of our issues are related to it being the first game with actual live hitting and needing to get the kinks worked out. I don't disagree that Malone looked bad out there but its silly to start with the doom and gloom talk for the defense already.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I watched a lot of football yesterday, and at this point if we can get past MSU, I don't see anyone on our schedule we can't beat. UCLA looks the same as last year, overrated, Stanford isn't as good, put Ifo on Mcgomery all game and dare someone else to beat us. Sc looked solid, but we don't even play them until a possible PAC 12 title showdown.