#7 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: #7 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon

Post by QuackininBama »

woundedknees wrote:Methinks Oregon sort of accomplished that mission in the second half...
28-3 in the second half. That is pretty much domination. As dominant as you can get against a top 10 team in the country. I'll take that.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

But of course MSU had their dominant stretch as well, dominating 27-7 from early in the 2nd through midway in the 3rd. Fortunately it's a 60 minute game and the Ducks had already built an 11-0 lead.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Here we are still discussing this game. I like it, really like it. Michigan fans were talking about running up the score and making style points. We don't do that, but we sure won't make our players play soft just because we are walloping someone. Glad Royce scored. Want Forde to score. Score!
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

Running up the score on a drive that took 7:30 off the clock and involved only one pass? Sour grapes.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Lightning Strikes wrote:Running up the score on a drive that took 7:30 off the clock and involved only one pass? Sour grapes.

Exactly! Also, there are "experts" who say Oregon cannot sustain long drives. I guess they have to spout off about something. Fools.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:http://gigapixel.panoramas.com/oregondu ... /20140906/
MSU-UO Gigapixel of Autzen. Apparently a LOT of people have already tagged themselves in this photo, lol
Any guesses as to what kind of camera was used for this picture, and any special procedures used to take the shot?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

RanDux wrote:
MSU-UO Gigapixel of Autzen. Apparently a LOT of people have already tagged themselves in this photo, lol
Any guesses as to what kind of camera was used for this picture, and any special procedures used to take the shot?
My understanding is they sent a guy out after the 1st qtr and asked everyone to stand up and look to the middle of the field for 2-3 minutes while it scanned/rotated around. Their website is http://blakewaygigapixel.com/ and you might be able to message them about the camera details
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:
RanDux wrote:
My understanding is they sent a guy out after the 1st qtr and asked everyone to stand up and look to the middle of the field for 2-3 minutes while it scanned/rotated around. Their website is http://blakewaygigapixel.com/ and you might be able to message them about the camera details
Thanks, Duck07. I emailed them. I am curious about its use for outdoor scenic shots, for those scenes that just can't be fully captured by a regular camera. I noticed on their website that they have shots of the Grand Canyon and Zion, so it has been used in that way.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I DVR'd the game and have watched it about 5 times now, mostly just the second half. There were so many plays where Sparty was so close to making a play that could have changed the outcome of the game. Of course our speed, pressure and athletic ability was mostly the reason they didn't. The point being, yes we dominated the scoreboard, but it's a game of inches and had some of those near misses not been misses...It could have been a real nail biter right to the end. So glad it was at Autzen.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

nogerO wrote:I DVR'd the game and have watched it about 5 times now, mostly just the second half. There were so many plays where Sparty was so close to making a play that could have changed the outcome of the game. Of course our speed, pressure and athletic ability was mostly the reason they didn't. The point being, yes we dominated the scoreboard, but it's a game of inches and had some of those near misses not been misses...It could have been a real nail biter right to the end. So glad it was at Autzen.
I've rewatched the game about a dozen times haha. I would also like to add, there was some missed calls. Unless I'm mistaken, on the first "comeback" touchdown around 4:30 left in the 3rd, we got away with a pretty blatant pick on that crossing pattern. We got nailed for one of those last season early that killed a drive. Cannot for the life of me remember which game. I do remember it was 1st and goal and we got like, three straight penalties that forced us to kick a field goal. Anyway, if that pick is called, it stalls the whole drive and Michigan State probably gets the ball again with the lead. We just had everything go right for us. Also Ifo could have been called for a couple PI's on Lippet. He was being pretty physical.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:
nogerO wrote:I DVR'd the game and have watched it about 5 times now, mostly just the second half. There were so many plays where Sparty was so close to making a play that could have changed the outcome of the game. Of course our speed, pressure and athletic ability was mostly the reason they didn't. The point being, yes we dominated the scoreboard, but it's a game of inches and had some of those near misses not been misses...It could have been a real nail biter right to the end. So glad it was at Autzen.
I've rewatched the game about a dozen times haha. I would also like to add, there was some missed calls. Unless I'm mistaken, on the first "comeback" touchdown around 4:30 left in the 3rd, we got away with a pretty blatant pick on that crossing pattern. We got nailed for one of those last season early that killed a drive. Cannot for the life of me remember which game. I do remember it was 1st and goal and we got like, three straight penalties that forced us to kick a field goal. Anyway, if that pick is called, it stalls the whole drive and Michigan State probably gets the ball again with the lead. We just had everything go right for us. Also Ifo could have been called for a couple PI's on Lippet. He was being pretty physical.
There were calls the other way that weren't made, too. The helmet to helmet hit on Mariota that wasn't called. The fumble recovery the Ducks made when the MSU receiver obviously had posession. Yes, it's a game of inches. It's the same way with penalties and non-calls/poor calls.

Bottom line - Oregon won. I honestly believe they're at least 7-10 points better than Michigan State even at a neutral site. Too much speed.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Which is what made the game so epic. 2 very talented, yet evenly matched teams. But players like Mariota and home field advantage is what makes the difference in big games like this. I have a feeling I'll be watching this game a lot the next couple years. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Just thought I'd share this link. Audio to Jerry Allen's calls for most of the big plays.

https://soundcloud.com/img-audio/oregon ... hts-9-6-14
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Just thought I'd share this link. Audio to Jerry Allen's calls for most of the big plays.

https://soundcloud.com/img-audio/oregon ... hts-9-6-14
That was a treat! Always appreciate Jerry's enthusiasm, thanks for posting!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

the last touchdown was perfection. Grasu and Crosby both pulled and made textbook blocks. Freeman trotted thru the gap they created. I thought Crosby was going to push his guy all the way out of the stadium. Awesome! Love this kid.