College Gameday Notes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

College Gameday Notes

Post by AutzenMember »

- This year will be the 9th time Oregon has hosted Gameday
- This will mark the 6th year in a row Oregon has hosted, by far the longest steak in the show's history
- Oregon has been involved in 10 other shows at other locations (including the NCG and 2 Rose Bowls)
- Arizona, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA and Washington have each hosted once…all against Oregon (ASU hosted once against USC)
- Cal and WSU have never hosted
- USC has hosted 10 times, Colorado 3, Utah twice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_ ... (football)
Duck07
All-American

Re: College Gameday Notes

Post by Duck07 »

Gameday loves them some Ducks!
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Well not so much this year. Deond says they are overrated and Herb says they won't win the conference this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pretty incredible that only 4 teams have hosted more than Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

mm55 wrote:Well not so much this year. Desmond says they are overrated and Herb says they won't win the conference this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really surprises me that they would say that, especially Herbstreit, because we haven't lost much personel wise on either side of the ball. Yes, 3 of 4 had to be replaced in the secondary and the 3 starters had to be replaced on the D-Line, but we play 20 deep on defense. The guys stepping in have a LOT of game experience.

On offense we lost Johnstone, Addison and Dat, but Dat didn't do much the last few games anyway and we're loaded at receiver and have capable backups on the O-Line.

Herbie mentioned something about the level of leadership at the top a couple weeks ago. He has his doubts as to whether Helfrich can keep things rolling the way Chip did. I agree that that's yet to be seen, but to call them overrated seems a bit harsh. Stanford lost 7 big-time players. Are they overrated? UW just barely beat Hawaii and the Beavers sucked against Portland State.

Some of these guys bug me sometimes. Everyone was on board when Chip was here. Not so much now.

Well, I STILL AM! 8-)
John 3:36