Just watched De'anthony Thomas on Hey rook welcome to nfl.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckedonQuack
Two Star Recruit

Just watched De'anthony Thomas on Hey rook welcome to nfl.

Post by DuckedonQuack »

It was really touching, and nice to see Oregon players in a different light. He was giving a speech to what looked like highschool students. He mentioned family being really important, not giving in to pure pressure, and being a leader. However what impressed me the most was that he started talking about his daughter and how he wanted a better life and would do anything for her and he wanted her to have a successful life. While he was talking about her, he was crying the whole time. His voice was cracking and he just kept going. This is something I really related too. As a young father, it was special to hear him say that because those are the same things I say everyday when I wake up and go to school then go to my shitty job.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Re: Just watched De'anthony Thomas on Hey rook welcome to nf

Post by rentdodger1 »

DuckedonQuack wrote:It was really touching, and nice to see Oregon players in a different light. He was giving a speech to what looked like highschool students. He mentioned family being really important, not giving in to pure pressure, and being a leader. However what impressed me the most was that he started talking about his daughter and how he wanted a better life and would do anything for her and he wanted her to have a successful life. While he was talking about her, he was crying the whole time. His voice was cracking and he just kept going. This is something I really related too. As a young father, it was special to hear him say that because those are the same things I say everyday when I wake up and go to school then go to my shitty job.

DoQ-keep plugging away and get that degree. It will all come together for you and your family.
DuckedonQuack
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckedonQuack »

rentdodger1 wrote:
DuckedonQuack wrote:It was really touching, and nice to see Oregon players in a different light. He was giving a speech to what looked like highschool students. He mentioned family being really important, not giving in to pure pressure, and being a leader. However what impressed me the most was that he started talking about his daughter and how he wanted a better life and would do anything for her and he wanted her to have a successful life. While he was talking about her, he was crying the whole time. His voice was cracking and he just kept going. This is something I really related too. As a young father, it was special to hear him say that because those are the same things I say everyday when I wake up and go to school then go to my shitty job.

DoQ-keep plugging away and get that degree. It will all come together for you and your family.
Ty appreciate it much.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Thanks for sharing man. And ditto on what rentdodger1 said. You should read the book "A Man's Search for Meaning." I recently read it and it truly changed my perspective on life and the suffering we all face. What's great about it is it isn't your typical, "Yeah your life is tough but someone has it way tougher so buck up." Suffering comes in all sorts and we all face it, the key is to find meaning in your suffering. Anyways, I recommend the book to everyone but especially people who are facing difficult circumstances. The book can be a life changer.