Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Post by Boom »

gofightingducks wrote:Not that it matters but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks drop in the AP Poll and lose some first place votes. Poor defensive performance, the score doesn't give justice to how well Wyoming's office has played.
How much CFB do you watch?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Woo, that was a shot to the ... !
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Boom wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Not that it matters but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks drop in the AP Poll and lose some first place votes. Poor defensive performance, the score doesn't give justice to how well Wyoming's office has played.
A lot :)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gofightingducks wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Your selling Bohl and Wyoming short. Anyone who knows anything about college football knew Wyoming was going to play well. They are well coached, disciplined, and motivated. That is the staple of a Bohl coached team.

I agree with what everyone has said it is just frustrating to see such a high third down conversion rate every week.
I didn't mean to get snippy; you make a fair point. I would just say that overall, the strategy seems to work pretty well, despite the sustained drives we see sometimes.

I'm not too worried about poll votes, especially now that there is a playoff. Just win, and the rest will work out. 8-)
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

gofightingducks wrote:
Boom wrote:
A lot :)
FSU and Bama have had worst performances than Ducks so far this year. Oklahoma hasn't played a real team yet.. I don't think there's a magically perfect team or defense in college football.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

We beat a team by thirty four with our first stringers sitting out for the last quarter and a half. I think we will be fine.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Go Ducks!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Good solid win, and Mariota didn't break his frikkin neck. I would say that is a good day! I do worry about Fisher. We can't afford to lose ANOTHER offensive lineman.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm not calling it a good day until I get some reassurance about Fisher.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

I'm sorry to be a nega-Duck, but the only people scared by this Oregon defense are the Oregon fans. That was painful to watch.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Weston wrote:I'm sorry to be a nega-Duck, but the only people scared by this Oregon defense are the Oregon fans. That was painful to watch.
Tell that to Michigan State. Your argument holds no weight.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

QuackininBama wrote:
Weston wrote:I'm sorry to be a nega-Duck, but the only people scared by this Oregon defense are the Oregon fans. That was painful to watch.
They played well for, at most, 2 quarters against MSU. The performances against South Dakota and Wyoming were terrible. They gave up over 439 yards to a so-so Wyoming squad and allowed 8/17 third down conversions. The rest of the PAC is licking their chops.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Weston wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
They played well for, at most, 2 quarters against MSU. The performances against South Dakota and Wyoming were terrible. They gave up over 439 yards to a so-so Wyoming squad and allowed 8/17 third down conversions. The rest of the PAC is licking their chops.
I think it's at least possible that the defense was being a little less creative with Wyoming and South Dakota than they will be with in-conference competition. I don't think they needed to show everything so that future opponents could study it on film.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

when people start using total game yardage numbers when they are bashing Oregon's defense it proves they dont actually know a whole lot. If you are going to rip Oregon's d actually do research and compare yards per play with other "great" defenses. Otherwise stop doing drive by and just stat reading. It's annoying.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Aaron J. Fentress @AaronJFentress · 31m

Oregon LT Jake Fisher spotted walking on crutches while wearing a large knee brace following 48-14 win over Wyoming.

:cry:
Willie Taggart is a dick.