Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Post by QuackininBama »

justducky0 wrote:when people start using total game yardage numbers when they are bashing Oregon's defense it proves they dont actually know a whole lot. If you are going to rip Oregon's d actually do research and compare yards per play with other "great" defenses. Otherwise stop doing drive by and just stat reading. It's annoying.
The best argument is always, "What was the score?". In 60 minutes of football they only scored two touchdowns, so really, who cares if they ran up and down the field all day. Its the score at the end that counts. Sure, I would love for Oregon to play a perfect game, but I've never seen one in the history of college football, so I will take what I can get.

(Although the Alabama/Notre Dame national championship was pretty darn close to perfect. Everyone and their mother knew the Irish were so overrated that year it wasn't even funny. They played NO ONE all year long, racked up a great win streak, then got the "history vote" to get in to that game).
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pezsez1 wrote:Aaron J. Fentress @AaronJFentress · 31m

Oregon LT Jake Fisher spotted walking on crutches while wearing a large knee brace following 48-14 win over Wyoming.

:cry:

Please...not an ACL...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phenom wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Aaron J. Fentress @AaronJFentress · 31m

Oregon LT Jake Fisher spotted walking on crutches while wearing a large knee brace following 48-14 win over Wyoming.

:cry:

Please...not an ACL...
Lets hope its precautionary. Pretty sure DAT had crutches for a few days last year.
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

I missed the attendance announcement at the game, did it end up being a sellout?
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

lawduck wrote:I missed the attendance announcement at the game, did it end up being a sellout?
Yes
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

Boom wrote:
lawduck wrote:I missed the attendance announcement at the game, did it end up being a sellout?
Yes
Thank you.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am not impressed with our defense. They looked like our defense from last year. The third down conversions against our defense were horrific. We never pressure the quarterback the whole first half. Not sure where this notion of lets let the qb sit back and pick our defense apart got its acceptability. Most of us on this board could have sat back there and threw the passes the first half. I worry about how we are going to stop the offense in the pac 12 if do not pressure the quarterback.

I am watching the Georgia/ South Carolina game and they were talking about their defenses not being good enough to win the national championship. After 3 games it looks like our defense is not good enough either. I had hoped the way Oregon played the second half against Michigan State would be way would play today but instead it looked like the first game. If our offense ever struggles we will be in a whole lot of trouble.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not impressed with our defense. They looked like our defense from last year. The third down conversions against our defense were horrific. We never pressure the quarterback the whole first half. Not sure where this notion of lets let the qb sit back and pick our defense apart got its acceptability. Most of us on this board could have sat back there and threw the passes the first half. I worry about how we are going to stop the offense in the pac 12 if do not pressure the quarterback.

I am watching the Georgia/ South Carolina game and they were talking about their defenses not being good enough to win the national championship. After 3 games it looks like our defense is not good enough either. I had hoped the way Oregon played the second half against Michigan State would be way would play today but instead it looked like the first game. If our offense ever struggles we will be in a whole lot of trouble.
What was the final score? Ohh thats right though, we played terrible.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Final score aside.... if we are giving up the yardage we are giving up against South Dakota... and Wyoming... what happens when we play a much better team. Washington... Stanford... Arizona... and at some point UCLA will find itself. They have better skill players than South Dakota or Wyoming do. I do not know how many yards we gave up but it is an area of concern going forward.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:what happens when we play a much better team
46-27 ;)
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Do we have to go through this every week? Pellum was a genius last week after that second half defensive performance. I get it, it frustrating seeing us give up yards to average teams but I thought that last week was a pretty good indication that when this D needs to step up it has the ability to. Wyoming was not a threat, any time they threatened to score we shut em down.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Final score aside.... if we are giving up the yardage we are giving up against South Dakota... and Wyoming... what happens when we play a much better team. Washington... Stanford... Arizona... and at some point UCLA will find itself. They have better skill players than South Dakota or Wyoming do. I do not know how many yards we gave up but it is an area of concern going forward.
Last edited by ducksrock on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Bigwaved wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:what happens when we play a much better team
46-27 ;)
And I thought had a short memory.... :lol:
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Final score aside.... if we are giving up the yardage we are giving up against South Dakota... and Wyoming... what happens when we play a much better team. Washington... Stanford... Arizona... and at some point UCLA will find itself. They have better skill players than South Dakota or Wyoming do. I do not know how many yards we gave up but it is an area of concern going forward.
I should have stopped reading after the first three words but I didn't. We outscored them what, 41-0 in the second and third quarters? Half the game, 0 points allowed. Did they allow some yards? Yes. Did they allow any points during that time frame? No. Pellum made adjustments between the first and second quarters and it was evident. As was said earlier, total yards allowed isn't a good indicator of our D, yards per play is much better. In our BCS title game year, we gave up a ton of total yards per game but that was because the D was always on the field.

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about the fact that we have a walk-on protecting Mariota's blind side.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

This sounds bad, but don't take it wrong..........I am sad guys got hurt.

If they were going to get hurt, it was more optimal it happened now vs. later on. New guys get game experience and that is invaluable vs. being tossed in during the meat of our schedule and they are no way prepared for the big lights and tougher teams.

Indications an O-line guy is not ready is false start penalties. The new guys have done a great job in staying disciplined and that is huge.

Injuries have piled up but it's got to be next man up and Greatwood has his job cut out for him. Pretty good so far.