Special Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Special Uniforms

Post by duck541 »

Heard from a couple people close to the program that we have all pink uniforms to wear in Oct for Breast Cancer Awareness. The only two home games that month are Oct. 2 against Zona and Oct. 18 against UW. One person said they weren't sure if we'd wear them at all but if we do probably against Zona while the other thought they were for the Huskies.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Special Uniforms

Post by Phenom »

All pink? Woah...
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Arizona is a Thursday night game...if we are going to pull out a crazy uni that would be the time to do it. I would suspect just a new pink helmet with winks or something
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Thursday is a night game, but that also means we won't be on in prime time and the east coast will be asleep. I don't think we'd wear pink against a rival but you never know, I kind of have a feeling we will.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

How about no all-pink uniform? I'm all for raising breast cancer awareness, but all pink would look awful and they'd look like a bunch of Pepto Bismol bottles running around the field. Stick with pink helmets and/or accessories and call it a day.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Embarrassing Zona while wearing Pink would be sorta punking them, right?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

I'm really tired of all this pink uniform stuff in football. It just seems like a major gimmick.

Tell me this, who doesn't know about breast cancer that we need to raise awareness?
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

It's a whole lot less about raising awareness as it is making a statement that we are all (most of us) affected by it in some way and then, at least for the Ducks, the helmets were signed and auctioned off for charity $
skdragon1
Two Star Recruit

Post by skdragon1 »

Lame
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

MerDuck wrote:It's a whole lot less about raising awareness as it is making a statement that we are all (most of us) affected by it in some way and then, at least for the Ducks, the helmets were signed and auctioned off for charity $
I see your point. It bothers me a lot more in the NFL because they make money off of merchandise sales.

I just don't understand why it's always breast cancer awareness. Why not wear gold for childhood cancer awareness month in September? Or purple for lung cancer awareness month in November? Gold and purple... err, scratch that idea.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This is utter BS if were doing it again. This is just a shill attempt to make a public relations statement, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with cancer and everything to do with making $ - just like everyone involved with the cancer industry at $300K/patient.

Why does nobody know who Royal Raymond Rife is?

Why does only $3.54 out of every $100 spent on this pink gear go to these research institutions?

Why does our medical establishment only treat the symptoms and not the causes of disease?

Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

I tend to agree with you Duck07. Not to mention that breast cancer is one of the most easily treatable cancers across the spectrum. It's about marketing to a wider base of people by providing merchandise in a color attributed to those who are not traditionally football fans (women, obviously).

Ironically, I'd be more OK with them just selling pink merchandise and foregoing all the "awareness" propaganda. At least that would be a honest portrayal of their agenda. If they still wanted to donate to breast cancer awareness from the sale of pink merchandise then fine, just don't make a spectacle out of it all.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

Watch how you say anything against this idea. Last year, I said sentiments along your train of thought, Duck07, and got roasted for it. The spirit is good but there has to be a better way of doing something.
way2krdn8d
Three Star Recruit

Post by way2krdn8d »

agree 100% D07 & LS.

Just because the fruit hangs low...
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

It already looked stupid last year with the pink helmets. Can't imagine if everything were pink....