Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Post by DAT_man_again »

Andrew Grief tweeted that he said he is planning on getting both of those guys back pretty soon. Is Frost talking out of his rear end? I thought Andre was definitely out for the year?
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Post by pezsez1 »

I thought Andre was definitely out for the year?
That was never confirmed. A regular insider here said he may have had a fractured tibia, but that wasn't official... and the early diagnosis could have been wrong. I know for a fact that sometimes, diagnosing a fracture during the first few days can be very difficult (even with X-rays) because of all the swelling and inflammation.

Awesome if both aren't out long-term though!!! I feel much better. I doubt the coaches would straight-up lie about that.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

If we can get through the Wazoo game next week, we have a bye - maybe those guys can heal up. It would be a serious bummer to fall short yet again because of injuries.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Andre Y, Ok I'll believe it. But Fisher, way too early to know.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Jake's injury could have been an MCL sprain too, which would still require immobilization but wouldn't have a huge recovery time.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

KOD, where you at? :)

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

*Flashes the KOD sign*
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

pezsez1 wrote:*Flashes the KOD sign*
:lol:
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

I heard from 2 sources last week that Andre Y broke his Tibia. Not hopeful on him. I've heard from one source that Fisher is "fine". But I need more that that to tell you guys anything with any certainty.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

KingofDucks wrote:I heard from 2 sources last week that Andre Y broke his Tibia. Not hopeful on him. I've heard from one source that Fisher is "fine". But I need more that that to tell you guys anything with any certainty.
Thanks KOD!!! I think Andre is out the rest of the year but good to hear about Jake.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:I heard from 2 sources last week that Andre Y broke his Tibia. Not hopeful on him. I've heard from one source that Fisher is "fine". But I need more that that to tell you guys anything with any certainty.
Thanks KOD!!! I think Andre is out the rest of the year but good to hear about Jake.
Like I said, I need to hear from another source or two. I'm not confident that my first source has all the details.

However, we should all keep in mind that while our OL is a bit thin, it shouldn't make a difference until Stanford. Hopefully we're healthier by then. I thought UCLA might cause issues, but their DL hasn't looked imposing at all this year.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
Like I said, I need to hear from another source or two. I'm not confident that my first source has all the details.

However, we should all keep in mind that while our OL is a bit thin, it shouldn't make a difference until Stanford. Hopefully we're healthier by then. I thought UCLA might cause issues, but their DL hasn't looked imposing at all this year.
Plus, they just lost Hundley.....................it's not pretty.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:

It's weird that Frost would say that about Andre too. Makes me question Fishers status as well since Frost apparently doesn't know what the hell he is talking about regarding Andre.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Even if Andre Y has a fracture, that doesn't mean he's going to be out for an extended length of time. It depends entirely on the nature and severity of the fracture. Given that he was able to walk on it right after it happened, and it didn't look bad enough on the field to immediately think it was broken, the bone is probably just cracked with no actual bone displacement.

Recovery time for something like that could be six weeks (or even less) if it's a small fracture with no movement. That's not what I'd call "soon," but there is a real chance he could be back before Stanford.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:Even if Andre Y has a fracture, that doesn't mean he's going to be out for an extended length of time. It depends entirely on the nature and severity of the fracture. Given that he was able to walk on it right after it happened, and it didn't look bad enough on the field to immediately think it was broken, the bone is probably just cracked with no actual bone displacement.

Recovery time for something like that could be six weeks (or even less) if it's a small fracture with no movement. That's not what I'd call "soon," but there is a real chance he could be back before Stanford.
I would be totally shocked and saying they're giving him some miracle drugs (that I would like to have). A D1 lineman who weighs over 200+ pounds being in a crouched position most of the time and laterally stressing those bones and gets to play within six weeks? MIRACLE. I cannot believe it would hold. If he did try to come back, you're probably talking permanent nerve damage and pain. I would be beyond surprised. Would love to see it and again, would sign up for some of those healing powers to be tossed my way. Us old folks could use some of that.
Last edited by MFRDuckFan on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.