Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Re: Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Post by KingofDucks »

Don't worry guys, I'm doing some digging. Should have some news tonight or tomorrow. Also, if you noticed Troy Hill didn't play today, don't worry. It was precaution. Didn't need him today.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Thank you KingofDucks :)
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

He's a big dude, for sure, but he also has youth on his side. Young people who are physically fit definitely heal faster than us older folks.

The bigger factor though would be the nature of the fracture. If the bone is just slightly cracked, then that would heal much faster than a bone that's completely fractured and displaced. Since coaches are even mentioning getting him back, then that tells me this just wasn't a serious fracture. Again, trainers looked at him on the field, didn't see any sign of a break and let him walk off on his own before deciding to cart him back to the locker room. So when thinking about his recovery time, I'm searching for info about minimal recovery times, since that lines up with what we saw and what we're hearing from coaches. Minimal recovery time, from what I've found, is about six weeks. There are even rare cases where people are able to put weight on their fractures right away, when the fractures are mild enough.

That said, none of us know what's really going on with his health... but if he does have a broken tibia, then it's definitely not outside the realm of possibility for him to be back with plenty of football left to play.

And thank you, KOD!!!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

KingofDucks wrote:Don't worry guys, I'm doing some digging. Should have some news tonight or tomorrow. Also, if you noticed Troy Hill didn't play today, don't worry. It was precaution. Didn't need him today.
Ahh thanks KOD, thats great news. He is having a monster year, can't wait to see him back out there.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:I heard from 2 sources last week that Andre Y broke his Tibia. Not hopeful on him. I've heard from one source that Fisher is "fine". But I need more that that to tell you guys anything with any certainty.
Thanks KOD!!! I think Andre is out the rest of the year but good to hear about Jake.
Like I said, I need to hear from another source or two. I'm not confident that my first source has all the details.

However, we should all keep in mind that while our OL is a bit thin, it shouldn't make a difference until Stanford. Hopefully we're healthier by then. I thought UCLA might cause issues, but their DL hasn't looked imposing at all this year.

It's weird that Frost would say that about Andre too. Makes me question Fishers status as well since Frost apparently doesn't know what the hell he is talking about regarding Andre.
Seriously? You really think the OC isn't informed about what's going on with his starting right tackle? He might be playing verbal games but I assure you he knows exactly what both these guys status is.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:I heard from 2 sources last week that Andre Y broke his Tibia. Not hopeful on him. I've heard from one source that Fisher is "fine". But I need more that that to tell you guys anything with any certainty.
Thanks KOD!!! I think Andre is out the rest of the year but good to hear about Jake.
Like I said, I need to hear from another source or two. I'm not confident that my first source has all the details.

However, we should all keep in mind that while our OL is a bit thin, it shouldn't make a difference until Stanford. Hopefully we're healthier by then. I thought UCLA might cause issues, but their DL hasn't looked imposing at all this year.

It's weird that Frost would say that about Andre too. Makes me question Fishers status as well since Frost apparently doesn't know what the hell he is talking about regarding Andre.
Seriously? You really think the OC isn't informed about what's going on with his starting right tackle? He might be playing verbal games but I assure you he knows exactly what both these guys status is.
He's certainly not as well informed as a random guy on a message board.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

buckmarkduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:

The random guy on the message board plus everyone else inside the program besides Frost.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know KoD is always money, but I would still take more from our freakin offensive coordinator than a poster on a forum. No offense to you KoD, you're really appreciated here for the info you provide, just think it's funny that people will say Frost doesn't know what he's talking about.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

DAT_man_again wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote: Thanks KOD!!! I think Andre is out the rest of the year but good to hear about Jake.

The random guy on the message board plus everyone else inside the program besides Frost.
Boy, didn't know you were so well-informed. Tell everyone in the program hi for me next time they're telling you things.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know KoD is always money, but I would still take more from our freakin offensive coordinator than a poster on a forum. No offense to you KoD, you're really appreciated here for the info you provide, just think it's funny that people will say Frost doesn't know what he's talking about.
I went to college with him and having been a "source" before myself, sometimes what you get is simply an initial diagnosis and later it gets changed and he'd be one of the first to tell you that, too. Hopefully for our best case scenario, that is exactly what happened and the initial diagnosis that he gave us has been upgraded to something less severe, at which point both KOD and Frost are correct.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know KoD is always money, but I would still take more from our freakin offensive coordinator than a poster on a forum. No offense to you KoD, you're really appreciated here for the info you provide, just think it's funny that people will say Frost doesn't know what he's talking about.
I think it's more likely that Frost doesn't want to give any information whatsoever, so of course he knows the exact diagnosis and prognosis of his players at all times. KOD is simply sifting through the BS "coach speak" we get in the public media to give us a look at what is really going on. Obviously Frost is more likely to be correct, but that assumes Frost isn't actively trying to mislead or outright lying to keep information secure.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Tray Dub wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote: Like I said, I need to hear from another source or two. I'm not confident that my first source has all the details.

Boy, didn't know you were so well-informed. Tell everyone in the program hi for me next time they're telling you things.
There is no reason to be a dick. Greatwood himself said he hadn't heard anything about fisher and the statements he made were a lot less optimistic about Andre Y. All I am saying is there seems to be contradicting information. When everyone was saying Andre broke his leg and would be out for the year last week and our offensive line coach said he hadn't even gotten the diagnosis on Fisher it is bizarre that Frost made it sound like both guys would be back within the next couple of weeks. Why would Greatwood say "it is the worst attrition since 1994" yesterday if Andre Y and Fisher were both fine? I'm just saying different "reliable" people said different things. And btw that random guy on a message board hasn't given us false information once and you all eat it up when he has news so why are you attacking me for trusting what he has to say? Especially when he's not the only one to say it.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think the confusion stems from that nobody's told us Andre Y would be out for the year. Insider info says he broke his leg, but that doesn't mean a whole lot given the wide spectrum of recovery times for breaks of different bones/severities/other factors.

It's possible that Andre broke his leg but may be back by November, and it's also possible that coaches are generally aware of Jake Fisher's state but that coach Cam hadn't talked directly with team doctors.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

It's coach's speak from frost, meaning he has no idea or ain't giving away information yet.

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Frost is pretty much a straight shooter. You know the old adage, somewhere in between what Frost said and what he surmise lies the truth. I have heard Andre has a broken foot. Sometimes those heal pretty quickly. Based on what KOD said about Jake maybe they are both back in due time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali