Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Frost on Fisher and Andre Y

Post by pezsez1 »

That would be awesome, if true!

We won't need Fisher back to beat WSU... and letting Pearson get another game of experience under our belt would really be helpful later on.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Fisher is the one we need back. Nothing against Andre, but Crosby is a better OL, though the depth would be nice.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Well if things truly do come in 3s then we should be done with the o-line injuries for a while. Here's to hoping we get at least one of them back in the next couple weeks. As buckmarkduck stated "depth would be nice".
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Fisher is the one we need back. Nothing against Andre, but Crosby is a better OL, though the depth would be nice.
I think we'll see Crosby at LT and Hunt at RT against WSU for our best 5. Once Fisher comes back he'll probably go back to LT, Crosby to RT and now we've got a super-sub at G/T in Hunt as the 6th OL. Andre's return would give us 7 OL and the one guy we haven't heard or seen much of is Haniteli Lousi, but we're thin outside at T, not inside the trenches. We're very fortunate going into the season that we did have depth at the OL in the first place and while this isn't ideal, it does help for next year when we lose some long-time starters on the OL.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Small update:

FISHER: I'm hearing he COULD be back for the Arizona game, but they don't feel a need to rush him. If he isn't 100%, they'll wait another week for the UCLA game.

ANDRE Y: I've heard that his fractured tibia might have been a minor fracture, thus sparking Frost's comment. However, I still don't imagine Andre Y would be back before Stanford.

I'm trying to get confirmation on these claims from multiple other sources. At the moment these are claims from a source that has been right quite often with me, but as of late has been a bit wishy-washy and has made me skeptical. So please take this news with a grain of salt until I can get confirmation.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks again, KofD! Always appreciated.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

KoD- this is consistent with some of the rumors out there. So perhaps your source is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Got confirmation on Andre. Hairline fracture. Fighting to be back by Stanford, I'm guessing he won't be back until a week or two after.

I'm not getting as concrete answers regarding Fisher. The injury is new and I think they aren't completely sure of the timeline, but it doesn't sound like he'll miss many games.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Thanks, KOD!

Glad to know the sky is not falling. Hopefully Andre can be back by Stanford, but as long as others are healthy (knock on wood), we should be fine.

The great news is he should definitely be back in time for the Pac-12 championship game, which we'll need to get to (and win) to remove all doubt of making the playoff.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Thanks for taking the time to share your info with us KOD. Great to hear neither guy is done for the year, especially glad to hear it sounds like Fisher's injury is short term.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Just bring us a healthy Fisher back by UCLA and NO MORE INJURIES(crosses every body part possible).
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

KOD you are the best. I'm with everyone else, we appreciate your inside info, and it has helped calm me down a bit. Thanks!
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

KingofDucks wrote:Got confirmation on Andre. Hairline fracture. Fighting to be back by Stanford, I'm guessing he won't be back until a week or two after.

I'm not getting as concrete answers regarding Fisher. The injury is new and I think they aren't completely sure of the timeline, but it doesn't sound like he'll miss many games.
JHOP was saying today that Fisher's injury is an MCL, and he may not be back until the Washington game.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

I got triple confirmation on Andre Y. Hairline fracture of the tibia. 6-8 weeks. Earliest return Stanford.

Double confirmation on Fisher. MCL sprain. 2 weeks. Return for UCLA or Washington.
Last edited by KingofDucks on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

KingofDucks wrote:I got triple confirmation on Andre Y. Hairline fracture of the tuba. 6-8 weeks. Earliest return Stanford.

Double confirmation on Fisher. MCL sprain. 2 weeks. Return for UCLA or Washington.
Great that neither are out for the season. It will be great for the young guys to get first team reps for the next few weeks.