23%
Utah
16%

Total votes: 44
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Who wins the Pac 12 South Divison

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

With the start of league play for just about everybody thought it would be interesting who people thought would win the South Divison.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Re: Who wins the Pac 12 South Divison

Post by Duckattack7 »

I picked Arizona State because people dont give them credit. USC is getting this love a fair when I personally don't think they have earned it. Yes they have beaten Stanford but Stanford lost that game. We shall see moving forward but I haven't boughten into the USC hype yet.
Return Of the Quack!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duckattack7 wrote:I picked Arizona State because people dont give them credit. USC is getting this love a fair when I personally don't think they have earned it. Yes they have beaten Stanford but Stanford lost that game. We shall see moving forward but I haven't boughten into the USC hype yet.
I think ASU has the least warts, so to speak. The defense is young and not like years past but Taylor Kelly, DJ Foster and Jaelen Strong are a nice trio of playmakers on Offense.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Well USC/UCLA definitely look like frauds at this point. ASU is a solid pick but aren't exactly setting the world on fire against CU, so I have a gut feeling someone comes out of left field and wins the south this year so I'm going with Utah. Travis Wilson is maybe the most underrated QB in the conference and I've always thought highly of Whittingham as a coach. Plus they have a really good home field advantage (that November game at Salt Lake following the Stanford game is very scary).

Might be way off on this one as Utah haven't really played anyone yet though...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Yea wow. Just when I was ready to say USC was back, they lay an egg against Boston frikkin College. Geesh. Its a dice roll now. Arizona State does look good so far......which isn't saying much. And Herbstreit lost his mind claiming a sweep of the Pac-12 and Heisman with UCLA. What happened to them? They look awful this year.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I actually think Utah has a chance.
neverforgetstelly
High School Drop Out

Post by neverforgetstelly »

I love that we are Oregon. Isn't it nice to look around and be able to try and guess for the little guys for a change?

Anyway, Arizona and Cal are the two most unpredictable teams in the PAC-12 on a regular basis and because of the randomness this year already, I'm picking Arizona.
Rich rod is an underrated coach and AZ gets recruits, they just lack consistency. Oh hey, so does sc and az st. So that's the justification.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

I'll go with the Utah pick as well.

#1 scoring offense in the PAC.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

With Kelley hurt ASU isn't quite as formidable. I think that ankle will nag at him thru the season.
USC can't handle spread teams, sorry not to see them on the schedule this year.
UCLA will likely to continue to win in an ugly fashion, I think buying into the Hundley hype will be their downfall. He will cost them a game somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Utah pull the surprise of the year. and win the South.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I'm gonna go with USC. Yes they lost to BC and looked really bad in the process, but that was a non-conference game and they already have Stanford out of the way and they don't have Oregon. They also have ASU at home, but they do have to travel to Utah and UCLA. But with having Stanford done already and no Oregon, I think they're schedule is set up well for them to win the south division, even after looking horrible last night.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

There is no way USC holds up over the whole year with the schollie limits...

On the other hand I think UCLA gels up front and they are much better by the time we play them
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Picked Utah just cause
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Who knows....Not gonna vote on this one...I will vote on another poll though....And that poll would be, which team in the North is gonna beat the winner of the South in the championship game.....?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greydrake wrote:With Kelley hurt ASU isn't quite as formidable. I think that ankle will nag at him thru the season.
USC can't handle spread teams, sorry not to see them on the schedule this year.
UCLA will likely to continue to win in an ugly fashion, I think buying into the Hundley hype will be their downfall. He will cost them a game somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Utah pull the surprise of the year. and win the South.
ASU was gonna be my pick actually up until Kelley got hurt. I had ASU upsetting UCLA this weekend, but now, I don't think so..

Tough to pick, but I think USC ends up winning it.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Utah @ Michigan will give us a better idea on the Utes. If they can win on the road against a decent out of conference team like that, it'd give them a lot of momentum going into Pac12 play.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13