#2 Oregon @ Washington State

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Wazzu's passing attack

Post by DAT_man_again »

I know our running game is going to absolutely shred their defense. We should put up 60 on these guys if Marcus plays the whole game. But we haven't gotten consistent pressure on a QB yet, and if Halliday sits back there all night he has proven that he can do some damage. I'm thinking this is going to be one of those games that we win by double digits, but they will score enough points to incite panic around here. I'm thinking score will be something like 55-30. I trust our secondary, but I think we showed against MSU that we are more apt to stop the run, and perhaps susceptible to a short, underneath passing attack, much like Wazzu will be sporting. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are going to come close to losing, but I have a feeling we are going to secede some points to the cougs and everyone after the game will be talking about the shortcomings of our defense. First road game too. Just get that feeling.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Wazzu's passing attack

Post by QuackininBama »

DAT_man_again wrote:I know our running game is going to absolutely shred their defense. We should put up 60 on these guys if Marcus plays the whole game. But we haven't gotten consistent pressure on a QB yet, and if Halliday sits back there all night he has proven that he can do some damage. I'm thinking this is going to be one of those games that we win by double digits, but they will score enough points to incite panic around here. I'm thinking score will be something like 55-30. I trust our secondary, but I think we showed against MSU that we are more apt to stop the run, and perhaps susceptible to a short, underneath passing attack, much like Wazzu will be sporting. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are going to come close to losing, but I have a feeling we are going to secede some points to the cougs and everyone after the game will be talking about the shortcomings of our defense. First road game too. Just get that feeling.
This is spot on. They are a terrible team, but they can, and will, score points. Probably a lot of points. I'm with ya on this. I'm guessing 63-35.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Two players will have monster games. Prevot and French. Bank it. Both a really strong pass rushers and I anticipate disguised coverage and a LOT of blitzing.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If Halliday gets hit like the Wyoming QB did, I have a feeling he will become erratic, at best... Still put up numbers, but pain tends to mess with guy's heads.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

#2 Oregon @ Washington State

Post by Bud Lee »

Should be an easy road win
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The "4-3" that we've been going to really just looks like a nickel package where armstead and buckner come inside at DT with the OLB's coming up to play DE. We'll probably stay in that all night which means we've got a good chance to stay in the WSU backfield all night.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: #2 OREGON vs WASHINGTON STATE

Post by Phenom »

They'll get their yards, but hopefully just yards.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

The teams have a combined average of 69.5 points per game over the last 12 years.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I'd really like to shut these guys down instead of letting them score a bunch. Just a thing I have about Wazzu.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:The "4-3" that we've been going to really just looks like a nickel package where armstead and buckner come inside at DT with the OLB's coming up to play DE. We'll probably stay in that all night which means we've got a good chance to stay in the WSU backfield all night.
I also think we'll see a lot of that 2 down linemen formation. Pressure on WSU is tough though. They get rid of the ball so quickly if you don't have the hot routes locked up right from the snap even an unblocked rusher won't get to the QB in time.

The availability of Troy Hill will be key. If he doesn't play again my guess of the WSU score goes up 28 points.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

A mod needs to merge this with the gameday thread
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Is Leach going to leave the starters in all game?
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

chapelhillduck wrote:Is Leach going to leave the starters in all game?
Leach is such a tool. I thought highly of him before he got to Wash St, but it seems the guy is content to lose 8 games a year, long as he is setting these ridiculous school records which are totally meaningless when your getting stomped every Saturday. Lost all my respect for the guy.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I hope so, this way it will help undermine the development of the younger players on the team.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Probably, he kept the offensive starters in almost all game against Portland State. He only benched them for the final possession of the game.