Very Bad News

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

snapt
Four Star Recruit

Re: Very Bad News

Post by snapt »

Thurmond and Byrd had their growing pains playing early on in their careers due to injuries. I expect the young corners to take their licks and be better for it. We'll be fine.
BOOF it!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

What's the deal with Stephen Amoako? Does he just suck? I never hear his name mentioned, except for once in awhile on the practice squad. It seems like he would be the 'next man up' in this case, if he was any good.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:What's the deal with Stephen Amoako? Does he just suck? I never hear his name mentioned, except for once in awhile on the practice squad. It seems like he would be the 'next man up' in this case, if he was any good.
Just another kid who didn't exactly pan out.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

So Moseley's practice report mentioned Hill practicing and even picking off a pass in the endzone. No mention of injury.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

duck541 wrote:So Moseley's practice report mentioned Hill practicing and even picking off a pass in the endzone. No mention of injury.
Best news I've read all day. I hope my source is 100% wrong and Troy is fine. Makes me nervous that he's playing, though.
goducks99
Two Star Recruit

Post by goducks99 »

"Troy Hill intercepted a ball in the end zone during early positional drills, and had two really athletic, leaping pass breakups in the final team period of the day. …"

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209656812
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

Troy had a pick in practice today per Mosley.

I had 30 percent ACL tear from a surfing accident. Not understanding the medical jargon I thought a sprain meant I could run a marathon a month later. The legs was screaming and stiff but I hobbled to the finish.

If Troy was running in practice per Mosley then this may not be a big problem. My guess is this is like DD. You can play on it but if you make just one bad step or cut it can let go.

I am a more worried about Ifo's ankle. We watched the S. Dakota game last night and let's hope it was just a momentary thing and isn't lingering.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I was just going to come in here and post the stuff about Hill. At a position like CB, I don't think a partially torn ACL would last long with all the cutting, stopping, and jumping they do. Let's hope the previous injury report was a bit inaccurate and not have it be he's actually playing with an injury like that.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Good to see:

"Troy Hill intercepted a ball in the end zone during early positional drills, and had two really athletic, leaping pass breakups in the final team period of the day."

I think KoD may still be right, but it's hard to say to what degree the tear has occurred and how limited Hill might be going forward or if the injury may become worse.

KoD's source could be wrong too, I'm not going to shoot the messenger, just going to be happy that Hill is healthy!
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

I'd much rather be wrong for the first time and have Troy Hill healthy than be right and have him be playing on a partially torn ACL. I will certainly be following up with my sources and getting all the info I can.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

If your source was wrong for the first time KOD, we would love for it to be in this way. I definitely won't have any hard feelings!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

andreezy wrote:If your source was wrong for the first time KOD, we would love for it to be in this way. I definitely won't have any hard feelings!
Yep. This is probably one of the few cases where we want a source to be wrong.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

This is great (so far . . . ). I also was just about to post that blurb from practice about Hill. It almost made me wonder if that was Moseley's way of "responding" to injury speculation about Hill . . .
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Well this is interesting. You would think that if he was injured but had the ok to play then they would be limiting him in practice and saving him for games. If he's full go then either KOD's source was misinformed or Hill is just an unstoppable animal ha.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Well this is interesting. You would think that if he was injured but had the ok to play then they would be limiting him in practice and saving him for games. If he's full go then either KOD's source was misinformed or Hill is just an unstoppable animal ha.
From the way Troy plays, I'm going with unstoppable animal. Dude is a monster.