Very Bad News

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: Very Bad News

Post by Greenblood »

And regarding our ongoing "Hill watch," Moseley provided the following in today's (Wednesday's) practice report: "Troy Hill had an interception during one of the last periods of the day"
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

mops and JHop addressed this today in their podcast. They basically said KOD wasn't reliable...funny considering who it's coming from. About 13 minutes in:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/c/e/2/ce2f76d9c4 ... id=7633428
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

That podcast is raw. JHop says "you know" maybe 500 times. It makes it really tough to listen to for too long.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

jimmy12 wrote:That podcast is raw. JHop says "you know" maybe 500 times. It makes it really tough to listen to for too long.
Someone should go back, compile and retweet all of the incorrect info they've put out over the years. Considering where they started, right here with us, it's somewhat douchey to take shots at a guy who has been right so many times over the years. They're probably just bitter/pissed that someone is getting the same info as them and giving it out for free.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck24 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:That podcast is raw. JHop says "you know" maybe 500 times. It makes it really tough to listen to for too long.
Someone should go back, compile and retweet all of the incorrect info they've put out over the years. Considering where they started, right here with us, it's somewhat douchey to take shots at a guy who has been right so many times over the years. They're probably just bitter/pissed that someone is getting the same info as them and giving it out for free.
More than somewhat in my opinion. I really dislike both those guys.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

1) mops and Jhop have a podcast? waaaah?

2) if I had a guess as to who KOD is, I'd say pretty reliable
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
More than somewhat in my opinion. I really dislike both those guys.
QFT.
BOOF it!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

They're probably just bitter/pissed that someone is getting the same info as them and giving it out for free.
We have a winner.

We love our KOD!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

I actually didn't take offense to what he said. He's right in a certain manner. I would consider Rob Moseley a reliable source, not me. He works with the team, he has all the info. He just can't share it all. I have contacts within the program who I trust. More often than not, I've gotten great, reliable info. I'm still not sure if the info I got on Troy Hill was wrong. He MAY be playing with a partially torn ACL. My source never said he was "out" and I still don't know the severity of the potential partial tear. But my info is still 2nd hand. Guys like Rob get it first hand.

I don't spend all day digging into this stuff. I work in the film industry and am insanely busy most days. When I get my tidbits from my sources, who often share without my inquiring, I share with you guys. Why? This is a fun little community that I've been a part of since its inception, it lacks the drama of the other boards (most of the time), and I know that we all want to have some closure on injury situations. Whether it's finding comfort knowing a player isn't out too long or being able to put them in the back of our minds and think how we're going to rectify the problem. That's part of the fun of being a sports fan. We like to put the pieces together and figure out how it will work most efficiently, even if we aren't making the decisions.

JHop is a good dude. No need to get on his case. I will always try to get you guys the most reliable info I can and as I have on certain reports, I will always tell you when to take a report with a grain of salt.
Last edited by KingofDucks on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:mops and JHop addressed this today in their podcast. They basically said KOD wasn't reliable...funny considering who it's coming from. About 13 minutes in:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/c/e/2/ce2f76d9c4 ... id=7633428
Mops really shouldn't be in a spot where he has to talk or write since he really doesn't have a voice made for either radio or podcasts and his writing sometimes looks like that of a high school freshman. About the only thing he's good for is getting insider news for basketball.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

KingofDucks wrote:I actually didn't take offense to what he said. He's right in a certain manner. I would consider Rob Moseley a reliable source, not me. He works with the team, he has all the info. He just can't share it all. I have contacts within the program who I trust. More often than not, I've gotten great, reliable info. I'm still not sure if the info I got on Troy Hill was wrong. He MAY be playing with a partially torn ACL. My source never said he was "out" and I still don't know the severity of the potential partial tear. But my info is still 2nd hand. Guys like Rob get it first hand.

I don't spend all day digging into this stuff. I work in the film industry and am insanely busy most days. When I get my tidbits from my sources, who often share without my inquiring, I share with you guys. Why? This is a fun little community that I've been a part of since its inception, it lacks the drama of the other boards (most of the time), and I know that we all want to have some closure on injury situations. Whether it's finding comfort knowing a player isn't out too long or being able to put them in the back of our minds and think how we're going to rectify the problem. That's part of the fun of being a sports fan. We like to put the pieces together and figure out how it will work most efficiently, even if we aren't making the decisions.

JHop is a good dude. No need to get on his case. I will always try to get you guys the most reliable info I can and as I have on certain reports, I will always tell you when to take a report with a grain of salt.
Your posts are highly valued by all of us (if I may speak for the community) and you do a great job of explaining the credibility of your information. I don't think anyone adds more value to this board, other than TK1. Let me be yet another poster to say thank you.

And as for JHop, I don't know him, and if you do and say he's a good guy I'm inclined to give you and him the benefit of the doubt. But over the years since he left, he's left a bad impression on me. Maybe that's just bad luck for him and he's really a decent person, but if so he needs to do a better job at communicating with the public if he cares about his reputation. What we see of him is usually pretty negative, and if that makes him look worse than he is then he should look at why that's the image he's projecting.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Tray Dub wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:I actually didn't take offense to what he said. He's right in a certain manner. I would consider Rob Moseley a reliable source, not me. He works with the team, he has all the info. He just can't share it all. I have contacts within the program who I trust. More often than not, I've gotten great, reliable info. I'm still not sure if the info I got on Troy Hill was wrong. He MAY be playing with a partially torn ACL. My source never said he was "out" and I still don't know the severity of the potential partial tear. But my info is still 2nd hand. Guys like Rob get it first hand.

Your posts are highly valued by all of us (if I may speak for the community) and you do a great job of explaining the credibility of your information. I don't think anyone adds more value to this board, other than TK1. Let me be yet another poster to say thank you.

And as for JHop, I don't know him, and if you do and say he's a good guy I'm inclined to give you and him the benefit of the doubt. But over the years since he left, he's left a bad impression on me. Maybe that's just bad luck for him and he's really a decent person, but if so he needs to do a better job at communicating with the public if he cares about his reputation. What we see of him is usually pretty negative, and if that makes him look worse than he is then he should look at why that's the image he's projecting.
Well, thank you. I appreciate that.

Admittedly, I don't follow JHops too much. But I recall his days on this board and he always seemed like a nice guy. The two guys I follow the most would be Matt Prehm and Rob Moseley. I feel they provide the most info on a consistent basis. The other beat writers and blog writers...I just don't read their stuff that much. Mostly because I don't really have time to scour the blogs and boards. I work 12-14 hour days and typically try to skim the boards and CFB websites for 5 minutes every hour. Occasionally I'll have days like today where I'm stuck on set and need to kill time in between scenes.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

KingofDucks wrote:
JHop is a good dude.
I didn't believe that JHop was a good dude until KOD said he was. That guy is money.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't have a problem with what JHop said, other than that he seems to find virtue in revealing his name where I find self-exaltation and attempt to leverage info into income. A fellow message board poster revealing a report that doesn't involve assassinating someone's character is pretty harmless - we will find out who is healthy or not eventually, just like we will find out who signs with the ducks eventually. Frankly, I'd rather hear someone has an ACL and then it turns out not to be true than what we went through in '07, where the coaches were all saying Dixon was good to go, and then the truth came out that he was out for the year.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I might also add that there is no perfect source of info in the world of Oregon athletics. Not only are Mops and JHop often given to exaggeration and jumping to conclusions with a fair amount of regularity, but even Moseley has been guilty of misleading people in the past. I seem to recall multiple posts from him that lead us to believe that sanctions against the ducks were going to be much harsher than they ended up being. Nobody gets it right all the time.