Post by UOducksTK1 »

Prescott, followed by Mariota.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Re: ESPN Heisman

Post by duxforlyfe »

greenyellow wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:That is one of the more perplexing things I've observed in sports. How people hate Tim Tebow? Literally, the guy goes to help 3rd world countries for weeks out of the year... And he actually does something (helps perform medical procedures on the ill) as opposed to the hollywood stars who go there for a week and tell everybody else to donate... But I'm sure you nor anybody else knows about that, which makes so much sense since he's all about the attention, right?

"Oh, but he forces his religion down our throats". Um, no he doesn't. Whenever he's interviewed he gives credit to God and good for him. He doesn't tell the interviewer to become a christian right now or your going to hell. And he doesn't use his faith to promote his own image as so many believe. If that were the case he wouldn't go tell prisoners about his faith if it was all about publicity.

Ignorance at its finest. Rant over.
Agreed. Seems the hate for Florida overwhelmed what a great guy he was on and off the field. I personally never disliked him because his personality is much like Mariota's in that he's a pretty selfless and humble person but a heckuva competitor.
I love tebow, huge man crush on that guy. If I could just be half as good a person as he is...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Prescott, followed by Mariota.
Flavor of the week. I doubt he will be able to keep up this pace, wereas Mariota is consistent throughout the season. Lets just sit back and watch it play out.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I'm alright with Dak being number one. You're the quarterback and best player on the uncontroversially number one team in the country, you get to be a Heisman frontrunner.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Still the same on top.

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Tray Dub wrote:I'm alright with Dak being number one. You're the quarterback and best player on the uncontroversially number one team in the country, you get to be a Heisman frontrunner.
Not sure I agree with you here. Just because he's the quarterback on the number 1 team doesn't mean he should be the frontrunner. Mariota has put up better numbers, been more consistent, and been the workhorse when the offense has sputtered
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Dak has a big advantage to, aside from being in the SEC. He's a runningback/quarterback. He's going to put up Tebow like numbers. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and deserving of having his name in the conversation, but depending on how the season plays out, it may be tough for Mariota to pass him now. Being in the SEC alone gives him a +25 in voting. Add in the fact he rushes the ball in one game more then Mariota does in 3........Mariota is going to need a signature game to catch him now.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:Dak has a big advantage to, aside from being in the SEC. He's a runningback/quarterback. He's going to put up Tebow like numbers. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and deserving of having his name in the conversation, but depending on how the season plays out, it may be tough for Mariota to pass him now. Being in the SEC alone gives him a +25 in voting. Add in the fact he rushes the ball in one game more then Mariota does in 3........Mariota is going to need a signature game to catch him now.
Mariota could definitely have the same rushing stats as Prescott if he made more of an effort to run. Anyway, MM has about 500 more passing yards than Dak right now.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Basically a tie game now.

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Dak has a big advantage to, aside from being in the SEC. He's a runningback/quarterback. He's going to put up Tebow like numbers. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and deserving of having his name in the conversation, but depending on how the season plays out, it may be tough for Mariota to pass him now. Being in the SEC alone gives him a +25 in voting. Add in the fact he rushes the ball in one game more then Mariota does in 3........Mariota is going to need a signature game to catch him now.
Mariota could definitely have the same rushing stats as Prescott if he made more of an effort to run. Anyway, MM has about 500 more passing yards than Dak right now.
Plus MM has 1 int. off a tip all year. Not sure how many DAK has but Winston had 3 last night against Louisville. He's probably done, along with Gurley. At this point it is a 2 person race.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

duck58 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Plus MM has 1 int. off a tip all year. Not sure how many DAK has but Winston had 3 last night against Louisville. He's probably done, along with Gurley. At this point it is a 2 person race.
No way the committee would even consider Winston after his shenanigans this year. I seriously doubt Gurley has any shot either. After the last 2 Heisman winners, I don't see the committee seriously considering a guy that was suspended for getting paid.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

Lets just hope for at least one loss to miss st. Someone was discussing on another thread the potential advantage of a miss st staying undefeated to help our chances into the final 4, which if we win out we are probably in now anyway, but i would rather have them lose just to make it a better chance for Marcus to win. He totally deserves it. And like someone said, a SEC player starts out with + 25 votes.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

I agree that it's a two person race at this point....Prescott and Mariota. I think Mariota will win, provided the Ducks win out regardless what Prescott does. Having said that now let me say this. Mariota is the best player in the country. Everybody knows that from West coast to East coast. He is probably the most recognized player in CFB across the country. There is absolutely no bias against him, i've never heard anybody say one negative thing about him save for his on-field fumble issues. However, on the other hand, Prescott is certainly deserving himself. One could argue that he is just as important to his team as MM is to Oregon. They don't have a great RB like Oregon...or three. They don't have stud receivers to throw to like Oregon. Prescott is pretty much a one man show in Starkville. He is as impressive as anybody i've watched this year. As a matter of fact I can't get over the similarities between Mariota and Prescott from their play on the field to their genuine personalities off of it. If Mariota wins I will be thrilled. If Prescott keeps up his current pace and ends up winning then he would certainly be deserving no doubt about it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Dak barely got by Arkansas. Threw for 331 but only one touchdown and 2 interceptions. Only had 61 rushing yards with no scores. Seem obvious Mariota should pull into the lead this week.

Edit: Although that is not how the ESPN hype machine is spinning it:

Dak Prescott's career-high 331 yards lead Mississippi St. past Arkansas
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400548350
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Could Marcus actually win this thing?? I've been blocking it out of my mind (as well as any Championship thoughts) because by this time of the year we've been disappointed.

Still a lot of football left to play, but can you imagine if he DID win? Couldn't happen to a more deserving kid and about time to have someone win with character & morals for a change.