Washington @ #9 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Re: Washington @ #9 Oregon

Post by duckfan96 »

My favorite part of last night was of course the W, but I really like the way the Oline played. Couple of breakdowns but overall very good play. Some of em seem to be getting a mean streak. Also was awesome to see some flashes from Carrington...been waiting to see that.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I was delighted to not see Shaq Thompson do anything of note after the opening kickoff. And I didn't see any footage of Budda Baker at all (though the TV was on mute).
These wins are always extra special after being dissed by Shaq and Baker. Suck on it you two, enjoy being average your entire college career.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:I was delighted to not see Shaq Thompson do anything of note after the opening kickoff. And I didn't see any footage of Budda Baker at all (though the TV was on mute).
These wins are always extra special after being dissed by Shaq and Baker. Suck on it you two, enjoy being average your entire college career.

Shaq was probably never coming here anyway.

But, Budda, with his 'I couldn't see myself living in Eugene for 4 years" comment can suck a big, fat, rotten duck egg in Seattle for 4 years.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

I have seen few footage of Budda Baker getting schooled by Ducks WR blocking him on two key td drive.

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:I haven't looked back through this thread, but does anybody have the video of the flop by the UW kicker?

Not sure anybody got to see it, but the guy pretended to be knocked out on the field. OH MY GOSH............he got huge boos the minute they replayed that. He pops up off the turf and heads to the sidelines.
I know lol. Just rewatched it this morning and he was shooting for actor of the year. The whole laying face down on the field acting as if he will need the cart to carry him off, staying down for 5 minutes.....was priceless!
What a loser!!! I don't typically think it's good to boo anybody, but he deserved it. That highlight should be on the Not Top 10 for sure.
But, but, but ... he nearly died!!! At least that's what they're saying over at dawgman and dawgpound. Po' lil' pup.

Everybody should go over there and read the s*** they post. An Oregon degree is no better than one from a community college. Oregon holds on every single freaking play and the refs are in Uncle Phil's pocket. And on and on. It's hilarious. The very definition of delusional thinking (if you can call THAT drivel "thinking").
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yeah, no kidding! Question for everybody...........in the stadium, they kept replaying the kick off to the Huskies where the guy caught it & then backed into the end zone. Looked like some discussion by the refs, but nothing came of it. Wasn't that a touchback? Wasn't sure what they said (if they said) anything on TV about it.
Helfrich was arguing that it should have been a safety because he caught the ball on the field, then back up and took a knee in the endzone. Honestly, I'm not sure why that play wasn't reviewed.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

But they are a young team...ya know
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:
Yeah, no kidding! Question for everybody...........in the stadium, they kept replaying the kick off to the Huskies where the guy caught it & then backed into the end zone. Looked like some discussion by the refs, but nothing came of it. Wasn't that a touchback? Wasn't sure what they said (if they said) anything on TV about it.
Helfrich was arguing that it should have been a safety because he caught the ball on the field, then back up and took a knee in the endzone. Honestly, I'm not sure why that play wasn't reviewed.
We were talking about that in the stands. The discussion was that if the motion of catching the ball takes you back into the end zone during a punt, you might be okay to take the knee, but kick off is totally different.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't know what the rule book says, but watching it live I was yelling that it should have been a safety.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11475208

From that clip, if the ball is completely in the field of play while being possessed, then it's a safety.

So, in the UO/UW game, that was almost certainly a safety, right?

I was there, saw Helf in the ref's ear, and the replay officials were replaying it over and over, but I don't get the impression the refs even reviewed it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Huskies only 317 yards of offense. And almost half of that came in the 4th quarter. Great job by the D.

I still don't like how easily we give up 3rd/4th downs, but otherwise defense has slowly improved the last couple weeks. Walker/Mattingly seeing more time has been important too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

“That’s very tough. It’s a rivalry, some people don’t think it’s a rivalry but it is a rivalry. It means a lot, it meant a lot to us and we really wanted this game, but unfortunately the Ducks were a better team today, so hats off to them.” - Jaydon Mickens

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

gogreen55 wrote:I don't know what the rule book says, but watching it live I was yelling that it should have been a safety.
I believe that if the players momentum carried him into the end zone after the catch, he can take a knee for a touch back. He clearly caught the ball in the field of play, but his momentum carried him into the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

If the player is between the 5 yard line and the goal line, recovers the kick, and his original momentum carries him into the endzone, it won't be called a safety if he then downs the ball there. (Rule 8, Section 5, Article 1)