Washington @ #9 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Re: Washington @ #9 Oregon

Post by cmmadness »

Too funny----you know it was a good night at Autzen when the game day thread is 10 pages as opposed
to 35 pages long. There's always room for improvement but this team seems light years away from the team
that struggled against WSU.

On to Cal.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Royce is very good in front of the camera. Smart kid. Biology Major too. Can you believe he's 18 years old? MAN!!!!

http://www.goducks.com/mediaPortal/play ... oem_id=500
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Any word on the big announcement at Hayward Field?
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Great game to be at, crowd was very loud just like I knew it would be. Offensive line really looking good, letting Royce do his things!!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux wrote:Any word on the big announcement at Hayward Field?
It was just an announcement to say the university was doing a $2 Billion fundraising campaign. Nothing else really earth-shattering came out of it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

cmmadness wrote:Too funny----you know it was a good night at Autzen when the game day thread is 10 pages as opposed
to 35 pages long. There's always room for improvement but this team seems light years away from the team
that struggled against WSU.

On to Cal.
Haha yea. I couldn't break away even for a minute to post anything. Didn't want to miss another Freeman touchdown!
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Darn! I was unable to watch the game, in Paris for baptism of husbands grandson. :(

Notice the plane that we flew on?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

5$ wrote:It would helpful if we had Bellotti to help recruit. He found some good kickers in his tenure.
Phenom wrote:Pretty good game overall but Osbourne needs to be fired or we need to bring someone who can actually coach kickers.
The key there wasn't recruiting, it was that MB coached them and not Osbourne.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I haven't looked back through this thread, but does anybody have the video of the flop by the UW kicker?

Not sure anybody got to see it, but the guy pretended to be knocked out on the field. OH MY GOSH............he got huge boos the minute they replayed that. He pops up off the turf and heads to the sidelines.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I haven't looked back through this thread, but does anybody have the video of the flop by the UW kicker?

Not sure anybody got to see it, but the guy pretended to be knocked out on the field. OH MY GOSH............he got huge boos the minute they replayed that. He pops up off the turf and heads to the sidelines.
I know lol. Just rewatched it this morning and he was shooting for actor of the year. The whole laying face down on the field acting as if he will need the cart to carry him off, staying down for 5 minutes.....was priceless!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

QuackininBama wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:I haven't looked back through this thread, but does anybody have the video of the flop by the UW kicker?

I know lol. Just rewatched it this morning and he was shooting for actor of the year. The whole laying face down on the field acting as if he will need the cart to carry him off, staying down for 5 minutes.....was priceless!
What a loser!!! I don't typically think it's good to boo anybody, but he deserved it. That highlight should be on the Not Top 10 for sure.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The best part of the kicker flop was he was too dumb to realize he would have to sit out a play.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:The best part of the kicker flop was he was too dumb to realize he would have to sit out a play.
Yeah, no kidding! Question for everybody...........in the stadium, they kept replaying the kick off to the Huskies where the guy caught it & then backed into the end zone. Looked like some discussion by the refs, but nothing came of it. Wasn't that a touchback? Wasn't sure what they said (if they said) anything on TV about it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

And even the announcers didn't know what to say. You can't badmouth a hurt player, but they keep replaying the punt and it clearly shows the Oregon player brushing his leg in midair. That was it. Meanwhile the entire training staff is out there like he got seriously injured, all huddling around him going for best supporting actors of the year. So the announcers didn't really comment on it at all and just said the 5 yards was a good call.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

That shouldn't have been a penalty, period. The punter brought his left leg up and into the defender to cause contact. At least they didn't call it roughing but it shouldn't have been running into the kicker either.

Last night the players looked and played like that was a rivalry game.