This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ None of us could do with losing to the Huskies at home. Regardless of jerseys, injuries, circumstances, typhoon etc.
That's true, it's just been so long that I forgot what it feels like. I don't want a reminder!
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
$150? Throw us a bone, Nike.
Noooooooooooooooooo if true.
Yep, my friend went to the campus duck store and they are indeed $150. They are really nice though, but probably too much for me.
Yep it is $150, official! Too much for me.

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:$150? Throw us a bone, Nike.
Where did you see them for sale?
Football Fanatics dot com
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Could we just put these in the rotation every year? I would love to see these multiple times a season. CLASSIC!! :ugeek:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nike and Oregon have released a look at the full uniforms and they are indeed pretty accurate to the 1994 season, save the uniform cut and technology incorporated into these.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

These should be our full-time unis forever.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Wonder what's on the side of the helmet...UO (like it used to be) or just the O?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Wonder what's on the side of the helmet...UO (like it used to be) or just the O?
It's the interlocking UO.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

We need to wear these at least once a year moving forward.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game. (Of course, wasn't it the 2009 Cal game at Autzen when we wore those uniforms, including the old helmets, and destroyed a 6th ranked Bear team?)
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game. (Of course, wasn't it the 2009 Cal game at Autzen when we wore those uniforms, including the old helmets, and destroyed a 6th ranked Bear team?)
Well then what do you call losing at home while wearing pink?

I think the only two "NO's" are Robo-Duck and Grellow Helmets.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game. (Of course, wasn't it the 2009 Cal game at Autzen when we wore those uniforms, including the old helmets, and destroyed a 6th ranked Bear team?)
Well then what do you call losing at home while wearing pink?

I think the only two "NO's" are Robo-Duck and Grellow Helmets.
Those are really the only 2 things that should never be revisited in Oregon football history.
myostduck
One Star Recruit

Post by myostduck »

Here's to hoping they make these the permanent uniforms. Favorite uniforms since we wore the "Fighting Duck" jerseys in 2010. I loved those. Also loved the Civil War unis from 2009.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

myostduck wrote:Here's to hoping they make these the permanent uniforms. Favorite uniforms since we wore the "Fighting Duck" jerseys in 2010. I loved those. Also loved the Civil War unis from 2009.
You know they won't since Oregon is not going to be in the same unis for more than 3-4 years and there isn't much you can do for alts if they were to use the 1994 uniform cues.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Nice! I wouldn't like them full-time but for a game or two they are perfect.