This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Post by Duck07 »

The Green-Green combo would look good updated as well.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:These should be our full-time unis forever.
I'd be OK with that.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:These should be our full-time unis forever.
I'd be OK with that.
Seriously, what would be better than a home/away/alternate versions of these? They're about 5x better looking than anything we've ever had in the "new uni" era.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Greenblood wrote:I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game. (Of course, wasn't it the 2009 Cal game at Autzen when we wore those uniforms, including the old helmets, and destroyed a 6th ranked Bear team?)

For the 2009 Cal game we wore the 1996-98 throwbacks.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Duck07 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game. (Of course, wasn't it the 2009 Cal game at Autzen when we wore those uniforms, including the old helmets, and destroyed a 6th ranked Bear team?)
Well then what do you call losing at home while wearing pink?

I think the only two "NO's" are Robo-Duck and Grellow Helmets.

Never mention roboduck again, thanks buh bye.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

People must be smoking something good, these are bla. Fine once in awhile, but not forever.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I completely agree, this is a high risk move, if we lose it will be beyond humiliating. Additionally, how many times have duck fans criticized Husky fans for living in the past? I know I have, but that's exactly what we're doing with this move. I feel like it makes us look like hypocrites in a way. Sure the play was huge and I'm all for it being replayed, but this is too much IMO. Just think it makes the fanbase and the program look bad for doing exactly what Husky fans have done for so long. It's time to move on from the pick. Sure it was great, and yes it feels good being superior to Washington, but the fact that we put this much attention into it almost makes us seem kinda inferior in a way.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Duck07 wrote:The Green-Green combo would look good updated as well.
Ive been waiting for this combo. They could have the color scheme now. Basically what we wore against Cal last year, but with the yellow helmets.
GO DUCKS!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
Duck07 wrote:The Green-Green combo would look good updated as well.
Ive been waiting for this combo. They could have the color scheme now. Basically what we wore against Cal last year, but with the yellow helmets.
I'm surprised they haven't worn this combo as well. I thought a good time would have been for the Civil War last season. Maybe they're saving it for Stanford this year.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Greenblood wrote:I have to echo some of the concerns about doing this 1994 thing. We're not in 1994 anymore. Our standards are much higher than simply beating the UW. Yes, it ended up leading to so much more after PK got so involved, but I am concerned about looking like complete idiots if we lose -- even more so than if we lost wearing one of our more modern uniforms. It seems like there are plenty of other ways to honor the 20th anniversary of that event without going back in time with the uniforms we will be wearing in the game [ . . . ]
I completely agree, this is a high risk move, if we lose it will be beyond humiliating. Additionally, how many times have duck fans criticized Husky fans for living in the past? . . . Sure it was great, and yes it feels good being superior to Washington, but the fact that we put this much attention into it almost makes us seem kinda inferior in a way.
Yeah . . . I think it kinda does, unfortunately.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
Well then what do you call losing at home while wearing pink?

I think the only two "NO's" are Robo-Duck and Grellow Helmets.
I'm the one guy around here that loved grellow. Reminds me of Mt Dew, which I incidentally love too.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
I completely agree, this is a high risk move, if we lose it will be beyond humiliating. Additionally, how many times have duck fans criticized Husky fans for living in the past? I know I have, but that's exactly what we're doing with this move. I feel like it makes us look like hypocrites in a way. Sure the play was huge and I'm all for it being replayed, but this is too much IMO. Just think it makes the fanbase and the program look bad for doing exactly what Husky fans have done for so long. It's time to move on from the pick. Sure it was great, and yes it feels good being superior to Washington, but the fact that we put this much attention into it almost makes us seem kinda inferior in a way.
I hope this is one of those situations where you are being sarcastic.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lmao wtf.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I don't think we need to move on from the pick, but wearing these uni's does scare me. I would hate for in any way that play or that game to be tarnished, and losing in them would do that. So, here's to whooping some puppy butt on Saturday so we don't have to worry about it!
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Pretty much all this is is trolling the Huskies. In a big way. Which makes it awesome in my book.