This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: This Week's Throwback Uniforms

Post by OregonFan4Life »

wlduck wrote:Pretty much all this is is trolling the Huskies. In a big way. Which makes it awesome in my book.
11 in a row is all the trolling Oregon needs to do.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

While the uniforms were nice, I couldn't help but notice how off the green looked. It just didn't remind me of the green they used for the 1994 season. The green seemed almost faded and with more of a bluish tint. I think the green they used on the actual 1994 jerseys were more of a darker green and a bit more vibrant (probably due to the more shiny/metallic material used on those jerseys versus the more matte material of the newer jerseys.)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

One game was enough of those uniforms.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:One game was enough of those uniforms.
Funny my wife, who never watched a football game before we met, came in yesterday and said what are they wearing? Are they new unis, which of course I told her they are throwbacks. And then she said they aren't as nice as all the other ones we wear. She was trying to be nice about it, but I couldn't agree more with her. I actually liked the throwbacks, but just as a one time thing.

If we do it again, we should wear the unis from the Norm Van Brocklin year, when UW fd us out of going to the Rose bowl. The all white they wore, looks sick in the pictures. Or they also wore green at home, but it looked a lot like UcLA with the stripes on the shoulders.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I actually thought those Uni's were better than anything we've worn in a long time.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

I forgot they were throwbacks about one minute into the game. For so long these were
the unis and they will always remind me of the teams that went from mediocre to competitive
to relevant to the Rose Bowl. I just love the colors and always will.

Having said that, I think we should treat these a little like Notre Shame pulling out their greens
on a rare occasion. It's fun but only as a reminder of where we've been and where it all started.

My favorites are the ones we rolled out on opening day 2012 against Arkansas State. Anyone
got pix of those handy?????????
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

They were fricking awesome! Looked incredible in person.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I did like that it's easy to read the names, I really wish they would go back to that on the new unis.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Wear them every week.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

cmmadness wrote:I forgot they were throwbacks about one minute into the game. For so long these were
the unis and they will always remind me of the teams that went from mediocre to competitive

Having said that, I think we should treat these a little like Notre Shame pulling out their greens
on a rare occasion. It's fun but only as a reminder of where we've been and where it all started.

My favorites are the ones we rolled out on opening day 2012 against Arkansas State. Anyone

These?

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think the overriding point is we all want to see more Green/Yellow in our Uni's
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:I think the overriding point is we all want to see more Green/Yellow in our Uni's
I can agree with that. I love the new yellow helmets with green and yellow pants. Wish we would just wear that at home and all white on the road.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck07 wrote:I think the overriding point is we all want to see more Green/Yellow in our Uni's
And less dark pine green
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

fpsduck wrote:
cmmadness wrote:I forgot they were throwbacks about one minute into the game. For so long these were

These?

YUP 8-)

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Duck07 wrote:I actually thought those Uni's were better than anything we've worn in a long time.

I totally agreed with this, My dad who is long time ducks fan, He really love the uniform. Bring back the memories.