Ducks 6 in AP Poll. Finally pass MSU

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Ducks 6 in AP Poll. Finally pass MSU

Post by DAT_man_again »

Notre Dame right on our tail. Hopefully ASU will beat ND in a couple of weeks. Would help us immensely, especially if ASU is our opponent in the PAC 12 title game.

PS if we dont win the North their is absolutely no excuse this year. With Stanford being as mediocre as they are.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks 6 in AP Poll. Finally pass MSU

Post by QuackininBama »

The poll I want to see comes out in 10 days. Now THAT will be interesting. And Nov 8th could spell big trouble for us if the Sundevils lay an egg against the Irish. Since they already beat Stanford, and Stanford is unranked, that could be the death blow for the Pac if Notre Dame wins out.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

QuackininBama wrote:The poll I want to see comes out in 10 days. Now THAT will be interesting. And Nov 8th could spell big trouble for us if the Sundevils lay an egg against the Irish. Since they already beat Stanford, and Stanford is unranked, that could be the death blow for the Pac if Notre Dame wins out.

I don't know. I think the SEC champ will have one loss and the rest of the SEC will have 2. That leaves one SEC team..

1. SEC team
2. FSU
3 PAC 12 Champ
4. Big 12 champ/ Notre Dame

The only scenario I see that would be a clusterf*ck is if there are two SEC teams with one loss, a one loss Notre Dame, a one loss PAC 12 champ, a one loss Big 12 champ and an undefeated FSU. 6 teams for four spots. I don't think that will happen though.

Trust me in the last 12 years in 8 of them their were 4 or less 1-loss/undefeated teams after the last week of the regular season. Things will work themselves out.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

With 4 SEC west teams ahead of us, this practically guarantees us a spot in the playoff if we win out.

Ms St still has @Alabama and @Ole Miss
Ole Miss @LSU (night game), vs Auburn, vs Ms ST
Alabama @LSU, vs MsSt, vs Auburn
Auburn @Ole Miss, @Georgia, @Alabama
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Duck07 wrote:With 4 SEC west teams ahead of us, this practically guarantees us a spot in the playoff if we win out.

Ms St still has @Alabama and @Ole Miss
Ole Miss @LSU (night game), vs Auburn, vs Ms ST
Alabama @LSU, vs MsSt, vs Auburn
Auburn @Ole Miss, @Georgia, @Alabama

What if say Ole Miss wins the conference with one loss or undefeated and Bama wins out and also has one loss? I think just based on reputation Bama would be in and Ole Miss would obvi be in.

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

But the committee has mentioned that winning your conference will carry a lot of weight with them. ND can cause us issues. SC or ASU needs to handle ND for us
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Polls do not matter IMO. We win out we are in the PLAYOFF's!! We lose one more we are done! California is next... that's all I am focused on. GO DUCKS!!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

UofDuck wrote:But the committee has mentioned that winning your conference will carry a lot of weight with them. ND can cause us issues. SC or ASU needs to handle ND for us
And the Pac-12 team hosts ND in both instances. Seems to me that our conference will have only itself to blame if ND wins out and sneaks into the Playoff.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Nitpicking here but...........

Oregon is the only one loss team with a win against a top 10 (7th) ranked team, yet we are behind Alabama and Auburn who have not beat a single decent team yet. Follow me here...Alabama has beat who? West Virginia? A hot mess Texas A&M? Auburn has beat a down LSU and K-State. We whooped Michigan State yet the voters still give the SEC the benefit of the doubt........every, single, time.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Herb said last night his vote now would be Mississippi State, FSU, Ole Miss, and Oregon. Win out and we are in.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

if Oregon doesn't make it as a 1 loss team then they only have themselves to blame. Just like in 01 when everyone thought Oregon should've made it over Nebraska, if Oregon went undefeated like they should've then they would've played Miami for the national championship. Fact is, Oregon should be undefeated right now, but they aren't, and they only have themselves to blame for that. Oregon had no business losing to Stanford in 2001, and Oregon had no business losing to Arizona this year. I too will hope Oregon makes it but if they don't, I won't blame the committee or an east coast bias, I'll blame Oregon for losing to an inferior team. My only concern right now as a duck fan is winning the next game. Cause if Oregon lost to Arizona, then it's clear that it's no guarantee that they'll go undefeated. Still tough games ahead starting with this Friday against Cal.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

OregonFan4Life wrote:if Oregon doesn't make it as a 1 loss team then they only have themselves to blame. Just like in 01 when everyone thought Oregon should've made it over Nebraska, if Oregon went undefeated like they should've then they would've played Miami for the national championship. Fact is, Oregon should be undefeated right now, but they aren't, and they only have themselves to blame for that. Oregon had no business losing to Stanford in 2001, and Oregon had no business losing to Arizona this year. I too will hope Oregon makes it but if they don't, I won't blame the committee or an east coast bias, I'll blame Oregon for losing to an inferior team. My only concern right now as a duck fan is winning the next game. Cause if Oregon lost to Arizona, then it's clear that it's no guarantee that they'll go undefeated. Still tough games ahead starting with this Friday against Cal.

There is a difference between not making it to the championship game and not making it in the four team playoff. If a one loss ND team who hasn't actually beaten anyone gets in at the expense of a team that beat a top ten team by three TD's it will be a joke. Hopefully the committee will take into account that we were down 3 tackles for that game.

I will take a great win and a questionable loss over a good loss.

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

That being said every year these things work themselves out. Either we win out and are in or we lose a game and are out.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck58 wrote:Herb said last night his vote now would be Mississippi State, FSU, Ole Miss, and Oregon. Win out and we are in.
This is why this is stupid, nobody is voting these 4 teams in right now. If you're going to include the Egg Bowl participants than you better chose one of them to win and say that you still have the loser of that game in your playoff. Ignoring the schedule and making it a static vote about today is frankly ignorant and only seems to hold the current trending team up longer than they should be.

Example A - Miss St and their OOC. By years end that schedule will look like garbage and those mighty 3 wins over top 10 teams will most likely be against a top 20 and 2 unranked teams. If you start giving Miss St credit for that schedule than AD's are going to rethink the high profile matchups because simply finishing unscathed will be all that matters; who cares if you did it with 8 home games with half of them against the deaf, dumb and blind.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DAT_man_again wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:if Oregon doesn't make it as a 1 loss team then they only have themselves to blame. Just like in 01 when everyone thought Oregon should've made it over Nebraska, if Oregon went undefeated like they should've then they would've played Miami for the national championship. Fact is, Oregon should be undefeated right now, but they aren't, and they only have themselves to blame for that. Oregon had no business losing to Stanford in 2001, and Oregon had no business losing to Arizona this year. I too will hope Oregon makes it but if they don't, I won't blame the committee or an east coast bias, I'll blame Oregon for losing to an inferior team. My only concern right now as a duck fan is winning the next game. Cause if Oregon lost to Arizona, then it's clear that it's no guarantee that they'll go undefeated. Still tough games ahead starting with this Friday against Cal.

There is a difference between not making it to the championship game and not making it in the four team playoff. If a one loss ND team who hasn't actually beaten anyone gets in at the expense of a team that beat a top ten team by three TD's it will be a joke. Hopefully the committee will take into account that we were down 3 tackles for that game.

I will take a great win and a questionable loss over a good loss.
I don't disagree with you. I think Oregon should make it and is better than any other 1 loss team out there. However, if they don't make it, I won't gripe, just because I know it was in Oregon's control through their record and even without Fisher, they should've won a game that they lost.