Three Star Recruit

Kicker

Post by picksix »

can we PLEASE recruit one!!??
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Re: Kicker

Post by picksix »

Correct me if I am wrong... Wogan was one of the most sought after kickers in the nation coming out of high school? How in the world does he problems with 30 yard field goals??????????
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

picksix wrote:Correct me if I am wrong... Wogan was one of the most sought after kickers in the nation coming out of high school? How in the world does he problems with 30 yard field goals??????????
Yep! The fact is, we don't have a good FG kicking coach. We need to find someone to coach our kickers up, and that's been lost since Belotti retired.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

picksix wrote:can we PLEASE recruit one!!??
He was really good on kickoffs at least.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Hire MB to coach the kickers. And when he has no time before a defender is on top of him, doesn't seem good. Block someone?
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

My wish is that sometimes we would actually kick the medium ones to build the kickers confidence. Kicking like anything else requires practice and we don't give our kickers much game action. If I remember we had a chance to kick a medium length kick for a 25 point lead early in the 4th and instead went for it and didn't make it. I would've like to see us take the opportunity for points and go up by 3+ TD's there.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

BEFORE OREGON
*The USA Today and Parade first-team All-American rated as the nation’s No. 2 prep kicker/punter by the Chris Sailer Kicking academy, as well as by Rivals.com
*The dual-threat kicker was a three-time all-state honoree as both a punter and placekicker, averaging 43.6-yards-per-punt while connecting on 11 of 16 field goals his senior year
*long punt of 72 yards while placing 19 kicks inside the 20-yard line
*drove 85 of 95 kickoffs into the end zone
*Also connected on five field goals of 51 yards or longer, including a Union Country-record 58-yard three-pointer
*Connected on 67 of 69 PATs in 2011

11 of 16 field goals doesn't blow me away. Doesn't seem like he, or the team was just very good, but he really didn't kick a ton of field goals in high school.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Maldonado was also rated as a top 5 kicker.

I think kicker is the biggest crapshoot of any position. If you look at the NFL kickers, most of them went to totally random schools.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
picksix wrote:can we PLEASE recruit one!!??
He was really good on kickoffs at least.
Yeah was gonna say, his kickoffs are the best. In fact, I probably value that more than FG kicking.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13