We are bowl eligible!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

We are bowl eligible!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

First team in the Pac-12 to reach it. Just past halfway through the season, and I'd say Oregon's done solid. Maybe losing a game earlier in the year, as opposed to the second half of the season might help Oregon's playoffs chances.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Re: We are bowl eligible!

Post by cmmadness »

This used to be a big deal. Anyone remember the 1989 Independence Bowl in Shreveport?????

Monumental victory over Toledo that day. Oh how the times have changed.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I can remember when that statement would have been a cause for a huge celebration! Guess I'm showing my age...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Indeed. And do you remember the previous year, 1988, when the Ducks started out 6-1, having just beaten the Huskies at Autzen for the second consecutive year, dreaming of almost unfathomable possibilities, and then . . . *BOOM* . . . Musgrave breaks his collarbone on a scramble vs. ASU at Autzen the next week, the Ducks lose that game, Musgrave is out for the remainder of the season, and the Ducks lose their remaining games that year? No overestimating how important Musgrave was to the rise of Duck football from mediocrity.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

Greenblood wrote:Indeed. And do you remember the previous year, 1988, when the Ducks started out 6-1, having just beaten the Huskies at Autzen for the second consecutive year, dreaming of almost unfathomable possibilities, and then . . . *BOOM* . . . Musgrave breaks his collarbone on a scramble vs. ASU at Autzen the next week, the Ducks lose that game, Musgrave is out for the remainder of the season, and the Ducks lose their remaining games that year? No overestimating how important Musgrave was to the rise of Duck football from mediocrity.

Preachin' to the choir, my friend. ;)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Doesn't Musgrave work under Chip?
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

Phenom wrote:Doesn't Musgrave work under Chip?
YUP-----quarterbacks coach for the Eagles. Musgrave probably came highly
recommended by many in the Oregon program who have been around for some time.

No matter what angle you're looking from, Chip "just gets it." He seems like
he's always a few steps ahead of the competition.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

nogerO wrote:I can remember when that statement would have been a cause for a huge celebration! Guess I'm showing my age...
I'm with you, Still remember the years of competing with the Beavs to see who could out do the other on the BOTTOM 10 list.