#6 Oregon vs California (Levi's Stadium)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

#6 Oregon vs California (Levi's Stadium)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Will be the second Oregon road game I've attended, Go Ducks!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: #6 Oregon vs California (Levi's Stadium)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This will be a really good test to see if our defense is actually improving. Cal is comparable to Wazzu, and we struggled against the Cougs defensively.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yes: I WILL be worried about this game. Because I can.
Last edited by Greenblood on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Bye week. This will be over by halftime.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:This will be a really good test to see if our defense is actually improving. Cal is comparable to Wazzu, and we struggled against the Cougs defensively.
I see Pellum putting a LOT more pressure on Goff than they did Conner Halliday. They may get burned a couple times, but they may not and they may create turnovers and make the game a blowout.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:Bye week. This will be over by halftime.
The way Oregon has played the last two games, I agree. But keep in mind, this was a team with an 18-point 4th quarter lead over Arizona. Also, they only lost to UCLA with 3 minutes left in the game by 2 points. They've scored 55 points or more in 3 games.

I think Cal will give us a decent game.

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

probably will be similar game to Washington, their offense and defense not so great like washington. i see the ducks doing same thing what they did to washington.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Not sure where Cal stacks up, but UW actually has one of the conference's better defensive units. I don't think Cal's defense is at the Huskies' level.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

But I think Cal's offense is certainly better than the Huskies'.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
The way Oregon has played the last two games, I agree. But keep in mind, this was a team with an 18-point 4th quarter lead over Arizona. Also, they only lost to UCLA with 3 minutes left in the game by 2 points. They've scored 55 points or more in 3 games.

Cal has given up (points per game):
Northwestern 24
Sacramento State 14
Arizona 49
Colorado 56
Washington State 59 and
36 UCLA

I'm fairly confident we are the best offense in the Pac-12, maybe the nation, and their defense is giving up an average of 34 points a game to teams not even in our league (meaning how good we are, not the Pac-12). I stand by my prediction haha
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Cal has given up (points per game):
Northwestern 24
Sacramento State 14
Arizona 49
Colorado 56
Washington State 59 and
36 UCLA

I'm fairly confident we are the best offense in the Pac-12, maybe the nation, and their defense is giving up an average of 34 points a game to teams not even in our league (meaning how good we are, not the Pac-12). I stand by my prediction haha
Cal is 10th in PPG and 3rd in passing yards (370+ ypg). They are fairly wazzu-esque, and the last time we faced a team like that we didn't blow them out. Wazzu gave up 41 to Rutgers and 60 to Cal.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'm looking at how we should play defense from the back-in. We should see Dargan/Daniels with Ifo, Troy and Dior a lot. Now, if we go with 3 LBs, we need to have Prevot/Washington rushing on most downs to constantly bring 4. Frankly, I'd rather we just put Prevot and Walker at LB in coverage though with Armstead, Balducci, Buckner and Washington bringing it.

What will we see, lots of Amoeba fronts and expecting A-B-B to bring enough pressure while occasionally bringing a late blitz from outside. The LBs will be out of place and we'll continue to give up 3rd and long because we've either failed to put any type of press on the wr's to mess up the timing (along with a proper rush) and/or we'll fail to tackle in space and give up YAC.

The best thing for us is that Goff is not a real mobile QB and with his tiny hands, if we can get to him, we might cause some more fumbles. If we see him take off from the giant holes that we leave open for QBs when we fail to create a pocket then they might score a whole lot more points than we'll care to see. They'll pass the ball against us, but we've got to create turnovers through pressure.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Seek and Destroy. Please bring the same type of pressure(at times) that they did against UCLA and Udumb. If...IF...they get pressure I see a pick six. I think Oregon wins by a small margin....63-28
myostduck
One Star Recruit

Post by myostduck »

Headed down to Levi's as well this weekend. Really excited to check out the new stadium. Being a Niners fan, the new stadium is world's better than the old Stick. Gonna be a good chance for our boys in green and yellow to scope the scene for where they'll be playing a few months for the Pac12 title! :mrgreen:
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I feel pretty sure we will put up points in the 40's or 50's. I will feel we have really made progress if we can keep them at or below 20 until garbage time. I have given up on the idea of not allowing garbage time scores.