#6 Oregon vs California (Levi's Stadium)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

Re: #6 Oregon vs California (Levi's Stadium)

Post by fpsduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
COLORADO IS THE WORST TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE, AND EVEN COLORADO'S OFFENSE IS BETTER THAN THE PAC'S FIFTH-BEST OFFENSE IN 2012.
Quoting myself, because Colorado is currently making my point about how offenses in this conference are just way more lethal than they've been in recent years.

Colorado is certainly proving that UCLA's defense blows, but we already knew that.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I can't tell whether some of you agree with Canzano about the conference sucking.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:I can't tell whether some of you agree with Canzano about the conference sucking.
I would rather eat dirt than ever agree with anything that loser has to say. Great big flat NO on my end. I think our conference has just gotten better and the competition is stiffer.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Why would anyone read anything written by Clownzano? Self-loathing?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Did anybody else notice the cheap shots, leg whips & blatant targeting of the knees by Cal? How the HELL do they get away with that stuff? God forbid somebody bows and gets a penalty, but you can leg whip the offensive line and dive at their knees, NO PROBLEM!!
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Did anybody else notice the cheap shots, leg whips & blatant targeting of the knees by Cal? How the HELL do they get away with that stuff? God forbid somebody bows and gets a penalty, but you can leg whip the offensive line and dive at their knees, NO PROBLEM!!

Yeah, they're almost as dirty as UCLA.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

fpsduck wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Did anybody else notice the cheap shots, leg whips & blatant targeting of the knees by Cal? How the HELL do they get away with that stuff? God forbid somebody bows and gets a penalty, but you can leg whip the offensive line and dive at their knees, NO PROBLEM!!

Yeah, they're almost as dirty as UCLA.
Blatantly right in front of the refs.......no calls. Maybe it's legal, I'm not sure but that hit on Dargan was cheap.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

QuackininBama wrote:There is no two ways around it, unfortunately. The defense gave up 41 points, 30 first downs, 560 yards of offense, 193 rushing, 367 passing. It awful. Its bad. There is no way to justify it. And the committee was watching. The biggest issue I have is, its not improving. The defense isn't getting better as the season goes on. They are just a sorry defense.
Was the same committee watching Mississippi States highly touted D give up over 500 yds and 31 pts to Kentucky?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BTW, can we get a better punter? Wheeler sucks.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duck55 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:There is no two ways around it, unfortunately. The defense gave up 41 points, 30 first downs, 560 yards of offense, 193 rushing, 367 passing. It awful. Its bad. There is no way to justify it. And the committee was watching. The biggest issue I have is, its not improving. The defense isn't getting better as the season goes on. They are just a sorry defense.
Was the same committee watching Mississippi States highly touted D give up over 500 yds and 31 pts to Kentucky?
Don't hold your breath. They will probably all sit around chuckling how if Kentucky was in the Pac-12 they would be undefeated. The SEC is just THAT GOOD!
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Phenom wrote:BTW, can we get a better punter? Wheeler sucks.
Seriously? Wheeler is a walk on freshman and doing really well. He doesn't shank much, and is pretty consistent. He has a good leg that will only get better. Once he gets his angled kicks down, he's gonna be great.
GO DUCKS!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
Phenom wrote:BTW, can we get a better punter? Wheeler sucks.
Seriously? Wheeler is a walk on freshman and doing really well. He doesn't shank much, and is pretty consistent. He has a good leg that will only get better. Once he gets his angled kicks down, he's gonna be great.
I believe you are going to be spot on, with your assessment of Wheeler....Give the kid a chance
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He averages 38 yards a punt. Not good.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phenom wrote:He averages 38 yards a punt. Not good.
Without watching them........it depends on where you are on the field. If your at the 50, a 38 yard punt is great.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

We have a walk-on Freshman which tells us something about our kick recruiting. I think he will improve. Glad he tried out for the team or who knows would be kicking. The way I see it, a 38 yard average is better that 37.