Oregon/Stanford kickoff at 430

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon/Stanford kickoff at 430

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon vs. Stanford on Nov. 1 at Autzen Stadium will kick off at 4:30 p.m. PT on FOX

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon/Stanford kickoff at 430

Post by Phenom »

Nice! I hope I can get a student ticket.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

All I can say is, thank GOD Skov finally graduated. That dude killed us every time.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

So many Duck games on FOX this year.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Phenom wrote:Nice! I hope I can get a student ticket.

I had to work hard to get my husky ticket (had about 20 tabs open) and I'm guess in this game will be even harder to get tickets to being that Stanford is the bane of our existence.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood wrote:So many Duck games on FOX this year.
I know, although it's the next best option over FS1 and ESPN for me. It's starting to look as if they won't get a late Saturday game on ABC this year. Of the remaining games, the only one I could possibly see there is the Utah game if both teams keep winning.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Fox won the Pac-12 bidding way over ABC. Fox has the right to televise their first choice for Pac-12 games, ABC/ESPN gets second.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Fox won the Pac-12 bidding way over ABC. Fox has the right to televise their first choice for Pac-12 games, ABC/ESPN gets second.
That's false. We have a "draft" before the season where we alternate picks. ESPN had the #1 pick this year. Then based on the draft, we can change the picks, but the order of who gets dibs changes weekly. I can't say why we get so many Ducks games.

I can tell you that we have another replay of UW @ UO on FS2 tomorrow at 8pm ET.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ncduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
That's false. We have a "draft" before the season where we alternate picks. ESPN had the #1 pick this year. Then based on the draft, we can change the picks, but the order of who gets dibs changes weekly. I can't say why we get so many Ducks games.

I can tell you that we have another replay of UW @ UO on FS2 tomorrow at 8pm ET.
Didn't know that. Thanks for explaining that.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ncduck wrote:I can't say why we get so many Ducks games.
Is it because Oregon is clearly the top program between the P12 and B10 as far as viewer interest goes?
myostduck
One Star Recruit

Post by myostduck »

Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy a Fox broadcast? I think they have mediocre announcers and reporters, that are often caught in the moment with nothing to say or add to the content of the game. Their overall image quality seems much grainier compared to ABC/ESPN. They do a terrible job at "mic"ing up the stadium they're at. I get no sense of the game environment from Fox broadcasts which greatly reduces my interest in the game. It sounds like the only sound from the field is what can barely be overheard on the camera mics. Also their on TV scoreboard is the same one they've used from 2004, and looks bad. They pride them selves on millions of overhead helicopter shots, which are cool, but overdone sometimes.

I'm also a little bitter because I currently have been suffering through Joe Buck announce the World Series and I'd rather claw out my tympanic membranes than listen to a full broadcast from him.

I should just be happy that the Ducks get all this nationally televised coverage, but I'm grumpy.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Duck07 wrote:
ncduck wrote:I can't say why we get so many Ducks games.
Is it because Oregon is clearly the top program between the P12 and B10 as far as viewer interest goes?
I can't say because I can't say. I like you guys, but proprietary info isn't a trifle.

Now, if it were clear-cut, wouldn't ESPN take the UO games more often?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ncduck wrote: Now, if it were clear-cut, wouldn't ESPN take the UO games more often?
Unless there were a large region in the South that also happens to have an even bigger network deal.

IIRC Fox broadcasts both the P12 and B10 CG.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Duck07 wrote:
ncduck wrote: Now, if it were clear-cut, wouldn't ESPN take the UO games more often?
Unless there were a large region in the South that also happens to have an even bigger network deal.

IIRC Fox broadcasts both the P12 and B10 CG.
We don't have the Big 10, but we have the Big12. So, there's Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma which have all drawn well. Granted Texas has seen ratings drop off in their down year, but they still out rate multiple ranked teams regularly. In our own conference USC is a big draw, even bigger when they're winning.

Again, if UO was THE big draw, ESPN would take more games, but they are not taking every UO game available to them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

myostduck wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy a Fox broadcast? I think they have mediocre announcers and reporters, that are often caught in the moment with nothing to say or add to the content of the game. Their overall image quality seems much grainier compared to ABC/ESPN. They do a terrible job at "mic"ing up the stadium they're at. I get no sense of the game environment from Fox broadcasts which greatly reduces my interest in the game. It sounds like the only sound from the field is what can barely be overheard on the camera mics. Also their on TV scoreboard is the same one they've used from 2004, and looks bad. They pride them selves on millions of overhead helicopter shots, which are cool, but overdone sometimes.

I'm also a little bitter because I currently have been suffering through Joe Buck announce the World Series and I'd rather claw out my tympanic membranes than listen to a full broadcast from him.

I should just be happy that the Ducks get all this nationally televised coverage, but I'm grumpy.
Their pregame shots are probably the coolest thing they do. I guess I can see where your coming from with hte rest of the stuff, but I don't think ESPN is that great either.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13