Danny Kanell knows whats up

Post by DAT_man_again »

"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Danny Kanell knows whats up

Post by QuackininBama »

haha a believer! With that being said............

WOW, Mississippi State does look for real. That defense is STUPID!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

For some stupid reason, I hadn't thought of this before, but the selection committee is going to be looking for a team from the West to offset all of the eastern teams. If the ducks win out, they are a shoe-in. No way are they left out in favor of an SEC team.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Kanell was on SVP & Russilo yesterday and was getting into a pretty heated discussion as to why the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt when no other conference can get it. He used the Miss schools doing really well this year as an example. He said something along the lines of With Ole Miss and Miss St. doing well this year everyone says, look at how strong the SEC is. Now lets say Cal and Washington St were atop of the conference in the Pac-12, we all would say, wow the Pac-12 sure is down this year. Completely disregarding every other team and just going off on the history of the schools and how well they have done in the past 5 years. I myself am not a fan of Kanell but I loved how he tore into the topic.

For the podcast and what was said: bit.ly/ZF2SGe
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Kanell was on SVP & Russilo yesterday and was getting into a pretty heated discussion as to why the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt when no other conference can get it. He used the Miss schools doing really well this year as an example. He said something along the lines of With Ole Miss and Miss St. doing well this year everyone says, look at how strong the SEC is. Now lets say Cal and Washington St were atop of the conference in the Pac-12, we all would say, wow the Pac-12 sure is down this year. Completely disregarding every other team and just going off on the history of the schools and how well they have done in the past 5 years. I myself am not a fan of Kanell but I loved how he tore into the topic.

Totally agree. People are so set in what should be they don't, or won't just acknowledge the conferences are just different, at least this year. When they say, "The Pac is having a down year", what they mean is, USC, UCLA, and Stanford are not on top. Yet they don't give the Arizona schools any credit for closing the gap like Mississippi did. Its pretty hypocritical, but I guess its like asking Holtz to admit Notre Dame isn't the dominant program they once were. Never gonna happen until we get some younger people voting.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

QuackininBama wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Kanell was on SVP & Russilo yesterday and was getting into a pretty heated discussion as to why the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt when no other conference can get it. He used the Miss schools doing really well this year as an example. He said something along the lines of With Ole Miss and Miss St. doing well this year everyone says, look at how strong the SEC is. Now lets say Cal and Washington St were atop of the conference in the Pac-12, we all would say, wow the Pac-12 sure is down this year. Completely disregarding every other team and just going off on the history of the schools and how well they have done in the past 5 years. I myself am not a fan of Kanell but I loved how he tore into the topic.

Totally agree. People are so set in what should be they don't, or won't just acknowledge the conferences are just different, at least this year. When they say, "The Pac is having a down year", what they mean is, USC, UCLA, and Stanford are not on top. Yet they don't give the Arizona schools any credit for closing the gap like Mississippi did. Its pretty hypocritical, but I guess its like asking Holtz to admit Notre Dame isn't the dominant program they once were. Never gonna happen until we get some younger people voting.
Don't get me started ob Holtz. I thank god he's not on the commitee. His picks would be ND, ND, ND, South Carolina
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:haha a believer! With that being said............

WOW, Mississippi State does look for real. That defense is STUPID!

I don't think Mississippi State OR Mississippi is for real. I don't believe in the State defense and I don't believe in the Ole Miss offense enough to really make a case for either. Hugh Freeze is a heck of a coach though so it's not surprising to me that he has been able to turn that program around so quickly.