This sorta has to do with the Ducks, so it isnt in OtherGuys

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

This sorta has to do with the Ducks, so it isnt in OtherGuys

Post by duckfan96 »

Who is your favorite/least favorite announcer for college football and/or sports in general?

Favorite: Keith Jackson(past) Present: Rece Davis or Gus Johnson(does rece still do games?)

Least favorite: Musberger(altho he doesn't get on my nerves like he used to)

Least favorite of any sport: Joe Buck...cant stand that dude...he is in love with his voice
5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: This sorta has to do with the Ducks, so it isnt in Other

Post by 5$ »

-1 for stupid thread title.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

My favorite pair is Gus Johnson and Charles Davis. They're great. I also like Rece Davis, Herbie, Huard, Fouts.

Least favorite are probably the guys from the Pac-12 Network and Cunningham. They suck.

Also, I'm neutral towards Joey. He's really smart, but his voice is kind of annoying.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Phenom wrote:My favorite pair is Gus Johnson and Charles Davis. They're great. I also like Rece Davis, Herbie, Huard, Fouts.

Least favorite are probably the guys from the Pac-12 Network and Cunningham. They suck.

Also, I'm neutral towards Joey. He's really smart, but his voice is kind of annoying.
+1

Joey's very good and is obviously extremely intelligent, but his use of big words is rather irritating. I understand what he means but some people may not.

I definitely can't stand Cunningham. :x
John 3:36
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Keith Jackson is a friggin GOD. I grew up listening to him and will never forget him.

I like Harrington. He has a passion for the game and it shows. He tries not to be a "homer" and knows WTF he is talking about.

With that being said, the Pac-12 has some of the WORST announcers in the country. Just terrible.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

Favorite: Keith Jackson, of course. I'm fine with Musburger, especially when he called the two
DAT thouchdowns at The Rose Bowl.

Least favorite of any sport: Howard Cosell---in addition to being a sportscaster, the guy was an attorney
and yet was the only person in the history of Western Civilization to say the word: "OREGON" and
mispronounce all three syllables in the process.

"Ahmad Rashad---a wide receivuh----out of the University of----AIR--UH--GONE."
Last edited by cmmadness on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

duckfan96 wrote:Who is your favorite/least favorite announcer for college football and/or sports in general?

Favorite: Keith Jackson(past) Present: Rece Davis or Gus Johnson(does rece still do games?)

Least favorite of any sport: Joe Buck...cant stand that dude...he is in love with his voice

Favorite: Keith Jackson, of course. I'm fine with Musburger, especially when he called the two
DAT thouchdowns at The Rose Bowl.

Least favorite of any sport: Howard Cosell---in addition to being a sportscaster, the guy was an attorney
and yet was the only person in the history of Western Civilization to say the word: "OREGON" and
mispronounce all three syllables in the process.

"Ahmad Rashad---a wide receivuh----out of the University of----AIR--UH--GONE."
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Phenom wrote:My favorite pair is Gus Johnson and Charles Davis. They're great. I also like Rece Davis, Herbie, Huard, Fouts.

I like Charles Davis a lot but Gus Johnson just bugs me. He gets TOO DAMN EXCITED TOO DAMN OFTEN!! It kind of nullifies the truly big plays when he goes off on a simple pass play only to have the receiver tackled almost immediately. Then he deflates like an old balloon. Just don't like his style.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bring back Keith Jackson! Then get rid of Cunningham and that guy on the Pac-12 network that says "could be the one" on every touchdown.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

duckfan96 wrote:Who is your favorite/least favorite announcer for college football and/or sports in general?

Agree 100% on Joe Buck.

Gus Johnson is definitely the best of the current cast.

Least favorite for cfb: David Pollack and Jesse Palmer. How did Rece get stuck with these clowns?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

fpsduck wrote:

Agree 100% on Joe Buck.

Gus Johnson is definitely the best of the current cast.

Least favorite for cfb: David Pollack and Jesse Palmer. How did Rece get stuck with these clowns?
Don't know how I forgot Pollack! He didn't even realize Oregon has injuries on the OLine during the Arizona game. He really doesn't know what's going on. They just wanted a pretty boy at ESPN to get more female viewers.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Herbie and Fowler are by far the best in the business right now. Keith Jackson is the GOAT in my opinion.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

One thing is for certain, Joey is terrible.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Since he asked about all sports, the top two that I would listen to all day every day are Vin Scully and Bill Schonely not even close.
There are a ton I don't like and that's harder to come up with least favorite. I do cringe a lot though whenever I have to listen to Dick Vitale do a game.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Any sport: Brian Wheeler. NFL: Mike Tirico.

College: I really like Brad Nesslar as play by play. Herbie is great as the color guy.

Musberger is awful. Always a beat late calling everything. Charles Davis is captain obvious. Cunningham is a total boob. I actually really dislike Dave Pasch. He always blatantly roots for the underdog Oregon is playing. Love Mike and Mike for the Blazers. Make a hilarious duo.

I actually don't mind Pollack and Palmer. They are kind of prisoners of the moment, but they aren't horrible.

Good announcers really can make the moment. When Lillard hit "the shot" in April, I can still hear Tirico. "LILLARD GOOD! GOOOOOOD! AND THE BLAZERS... WIN THE SERIES.. FOR THE FIRST TIME ...IN FOUR-TEEN YEARS!"

Still gives me the shivers.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard