Texas A&M cancels home-home series

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Texas A&M cancels home-home series

Post by greenyellow »

Texas A&M are backing out of the home-home series they signed up for several years back. What a bunch of pansies. They're not helping the SEC's case of being willing to play anyone outside the South. Oregon now has to find a significant opponent on somewhat short notice.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... -19-102314
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Texas A&M cancels home-home series

Post by lukeyrid13 »

My level of surprise.........

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yawn, same old...

SEC is scared to schedule serious non-conference opponents. Especially home-home series.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Wow, unbelievable.

Larry Scott, can you PLEASE drop a conference game off of all Pac-12 schedules so we can be on even footing with these bloated, grit-guzzling Gumps?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Except, of course, LSU and Tennessee, how many SEC schools have dropped scheduled games with the Ducks?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Texas A&M and Georgia have dropped us already? Wow

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

woundedknees wrote:Except, of course, LSU and Tennessee, how many SEC schools have dropped scheduled games with the Ducks?
Tennessee is the only SEC team I respect on terms of scheduling. LSU and Bama won't play west of Texas.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Except, of course, LSU and Tennessee, how many SEC schools have dropped scheduled games with the Ducks?
Tennessee is the only SEC team I respect on terms of scheduling. LSU and Bama won't play west of Texas.

Even though LSU played us on a neutral site they still agreed to play us. Better than you can say for Georgia or A&M.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
I'd disagree with that. LSU played at Washington in '09. That's just the one example that comes to mind.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Looks like they dumped us to play Clemson...
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

DAT_man_again wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Even though LSU played us on a neutral site they still agreed to play us. Better than you can say for Georgia or A&M.
With apologies to Bud, that was basically a home game for LSU, like if the ducks scheduled a game in Sacramento, and even though it was cool that they scheduled us, it's like making a bet with a professional gambler - they only took that game because they odds were sufficiently in their favor. I'll respect LSU when they schedule a West Coast game some time. But of course, they won't.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Don't forget Mississippi State stepped up and played a home and home 2002-2003. Very gracious fans.

More cowbell!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phalanx wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

With apologies to Bud, that was basically a home game for LSU, like if the ducks scheduled a game in Sacramento, and even though it was cool that they scheduled us, it's like making a bet with a professional gambler - they only took that game because they odds were sufficiently in their favor. I'll respect LSU when they schedule a West Coast game some time. But of course, they won't.
Read a few posts above this. LSU played at UW a few years back.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck24 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Read a few posts above this. LSU played at UW a few years back.
Didn't they also play at ASU a few years ago?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Yes they did play at ASU a few years ago but I don't think they returned the trip to Corvallis when they played the Beavers during the Alexis Serna years.