Future Schedule

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Future Schedule

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Now that aTm dropped us in '18 and '19, who would be your fantasy choice for Oregon to schedule?
lukeyrid13
All-American

Re: Future Schedule

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I would love to see us play Notre Dame. I think that would be a fantastic home and home. Whipping them would be very satisfying.

I also think that Texas or FSU would be good. You know our coaches want to get down there for recruiting.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Notre Dame for sure!
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wouldn't be surprised though, if 6 months from now our AD has to settle for BYU cause they need to fill out their schedule and we strike out with all the big boys.
PDXPapa
One Star Recruit

Post by PDXPapa »

San Diego State - hometown game for the So. Cal kids and a fantastic recruiting area
Ohio State - I would like to have an excuse to visit the horseshoe
Alabama - would be another amazing away game trip
Texas - Austin would be fun
Notre Dame - history, TDJesus
Florida State - Brent Musberger was right, does Jenn Sturger still have eligibility? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Now that aTm dropped us in '18 and '19, who would be your fantasy choice for Oregon to schedule?
X. UF - ( Wont happen)
1. Central Florida
2. South Florida
3. Florida State

This is so I can watch a Duck game live. I live closer to UF but even in my fantasies they wont schedule a tough opponent willingly. These are in order of which field is further away from me. A UF game would help recruiting this state tremendously, most kids around here under 16 are in love with Oregon and how they play.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Vanderbilt or UT again....since I live in tn haha.

ND or FSU would be sweet. Clemson or South Carolina would be cool too
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Good choices here. I gotta agree,

Notre Dame
Baylor
Ohio State
Florida *They won't be down for long
Florida State
Bama *who is to cowardly to schedule us
Auburn *see above
LSU *And not with an "away" game a couple hundred miles away from them
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

Personally I'll say Arkansas for two selfish reasons...first I would be able to attend at least the game in Fayetteville. Second, I can't stand Arkansas and their delusional fans so it would be supremely satisfying to see them so butt hurt that a non-sec team whipped them so bad playing a hurry up offense!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We already have a home/home scheduled with Ohio St for 2020/2021.

We have 2 1/2 years to fill it, I'm not too worried. Besides, once a team makes into the playoffs with a terrible OOC, schools won't be so quick to fill up the schedule with tough games.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Guess who else has an open date in 2018/19?

http://youtu.be/C29Fs-WNIrg

If this gets scheduled I will be beside myself with excitement. It won't though.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Alabama will never schedule Oregon as long as the ducks are good. Never. They will wait until Oregon is on the decline, but still has the reputation. Just like when LSU scheduled Washington at the last minute.

The part I don't get about the SEC is the scheduling and then chickening out. Do they get some kind of credit for scheduling tough road games even if they never actually play the game? I don't understand what is to be gained there...maybe they schedule those games until they can get a better offer.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Phalanx wrote:Alabama will never schedule Oregon as long as the ducks are good. Never. They will wait until Oregon is on the decline, but still has the reputation. Just like when LSU scheduled Washington at the last minute.

The part I don't get about the SEC is the scheduling and then chickening out. Do they get some kind of credit for scheduling tough road games even if they never actually play the game? I don't understand what is to be gained there...maybe they schedule those games until they can get a better offer.

I think perhaps when Geogia scheduled us it was at the inception of our ascendence. Perhaps they thought we would be a flash in the pan and then when they realized they has a national power on their hands they backed out.

As for Bama, it is a pipe dream. People have been anticipating that matchup since 2009.

lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ The Bama AD has basically said that they are done with Home/Home series because the neutral sites make them more $$$.

A one-off every 5 years or so is ok, but there is something special about Oregon vs MSU at Autzen compared to say at Levi's Stadium.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ The Bama AD has basically said that they are done with Home/Home series because the neutral sites make them more $$$.

A one-off every 5 years or so is ok, but there is something special about Oregon vs MSU at Autzen compared to say at Levi's Stadium.
I would be down with a neutral site game.