Man, this Don Pellum Thing

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Man, this Don Pellum Thing

Post by pezsez1 »

It's a trend. Against any offense with a pulse it's been 35+ points and 500+ yards of offense and well over 5 YPP.
You are making this way too easy for me.

- Michigan State has an awesome offense... we held them to 27 points (and two of their TDs came in a second-quarter run in which they had a huge kick return and our offense gave them a short field).

- Washington State scored 31 on us, in a game in which our offense put our D in bad field position all game.

- Arizona only scored 31 on us, and that was a game in which our offense did ZERO favors for our defense. Our D played one bad quarter against 'Zona, but our offense had four bad quarters, continually putting our D in horrible positions.

- UCLA had, what, 14 points or something until we started cycling in backups? :lol:

Anyway, those are four of the best five offenses we faced this season -- all of which have serious pulses -- and neither put up "35+" points on us.

You're welcome.

P.S. I'm not saying our defense is WTF awesome, but seriously, some of you guys seem to WANT to hate it despite what actually happens on the field.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Uh oh, GPA is a sign of intelligence?
It's definitely not a sign of being an idiot!

And I agree, this board is no place for personal attacks.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I got 2 4 points in a row when I was in college and despite some who have disagreed with me and made it known on here I have never felt the need to point it out. I think we are all passionate fans and I do not need or even want to try to make myself sound like I am smarter than everyone just cause I got consecutive 4 points in college. I am sure a few think I am an idiot and they can think that. It will not change my passion for the ducks and will not see me tooting my own horn about my academics. Now back to the topic of the thread.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I say go after someone like Muschamp this offseason, he's horrible at getting an offense together but very good on the defensive side.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Oh my god I am sick of this. There are really good offenses in the PAC 12 and we have average players on defense. Deal with it.
You young man are an idiot.
Have a 4.0 the last two years of college. I enjoy the way you called someone an idiot on a message board who you know nothing about while forgetting that commas exist.
Uh oh, GPA is a sign of intelligence?
Not at all. But me saying that there are good offenses in the PAC 12 doesn't make me an idiot.

And in response to GoDucksIn09, I was not trying to make myself sound intelligent or to brag. I was responding to a guy who called me an idiot for saying that we have average players on defense.

And yeah, back to the thread.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

FlDuckFan wrote:I say go after someone like Muschamp this offseason, he's horrible at getting an offense together but very good on the defensive side.

Does anyone really think that Pellum is actually going to be fired though? No matter how you feel about him.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

DAT_man_again wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:I say go after someone like Muschamp this offseason, he's horrible at getting an offense together but very good on the defensive side.

Does anyone really think that Pellum is actually going to be fired though? No matter how you feel about him.
In reality No, BUT every player isn't guaranteed his position as the best man will play so who is to say that after the year everyone's position won't be reevaluated ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nope. When you look at the results objectively, he's actually doing a decent job.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Nope. When you look at the results objectively, he's actually doing a decent job.
I'm sure we rank close to the bottom in every single important defensive category in the Pac-12. Objectively.... he's not doing a good job. Fireable? No. Decent? No way.