Guys, it's officially Stanford week.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Guys, it's officially Stanford week.

Post by dd10snoop28 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Stanford is going to try and make the game as slow and boring as possible.

The key for us, is to strike first on offense. If we can get up say 14-3, Stanford won't be able to eat the clock as much because they will have lost the upper hand. That is the reason we won big in 2010 and 2011. We forced Stanford to try and keep up with us instead of letting them slow down the game to a snails pace.
Well said. We need a lead early to prevent Stanford from going into their ground & point offense. Our defense is just not fit to stop it.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Interesting to note, since 2009 when this series really began in my opinion, the team that has scored first has won every single time.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Stanford's offense is so bad. I think if Oregon scores more than 11 points, they win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Stanford's offense is so bad. I think if Oregon scores more than 11 points, they win.
Their offense was bad against us the last two years though and it didn't matter. They averaged 3.5 ypc and just gashed us to death over and over again. Stanford wants to play ugly and win by only getting 17 points. We had the ball for only 16 minutes last year.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

We'll be all right this year. I don't think Stanford's quite the same team as last year and two years ago, and Marcus is healthy.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Can we sneak LaMichael into Freeman's uniform for this game?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Turn up! Let's get it baybay!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Must win!
EVERY game is a MUST WIN, at this point in time....But, I do know what you are sayin.....
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducksrock wrote:
EVERY game is a MUST WIN, at this point in time....But, I do know what you are sayin.....
This game has more implications for the future of this program than the other games. All games are must wins for this season, but this game is a must win for the future of this program.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

I really loathe this week.

Furd is officially my second least favorite team.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

I'm slightly bothered by the apparent offensive renaissance Stanford put together last week against Oregon State, but I didn't really catch the game to figure out whether or not that is more of a result of changes the Stanford coaching staff put together, failures on the part of the Beavs, or somewhere in the middle.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
This game has more implications for the future of this program than the other games. All games are must wins for this season, but this game is a must win for the future of this program.
I think this is a bit of an exaggeration, as a loss WOULD NOT destroy the future of the program....It sure would not help its forward progression any, but WOULD NOT destroy it....Nonetheless, a win will put the Ducks into position to continue towards a potential NC playoff scenario...and that cant be a bad thing......GOOOOOO DUCKS.....
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

It's Monday and, yep, I still hate Furd.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

fpsduck wrote:It's Monday and, yep, I still hate Furd.

I despise them more than the Huskies and Beavers. As much as I dislike our natural rivals, a loss to those two has never prevented the Ducks from playing in the national championship game. Stanford's 17-14 OT win at Autzen two years ago kept us out and their 49-42 come from behind win at Autzen in 2001 prevented the Ducks from a certain Oregon vs Miami matchup.

They suck with a capital SUCK! :evil:
John 3:36
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

SuperDuck wrote:
fpsduck wrote:It's Monday and, yep, I still hate Furd.

I despise them more than the Huskies and Beavers. As much as I dislike our natural rivals, a loss to those two has never prevented the Ducks from playing in the national championship game. Stanford's 17-14 OT win at Autzen two years ago kept us out and their 49-42 come from behind win at Autzen in 2001 prevented the Ducks from a certain Oregon vs Miami matchup.

They suck with a capital SUCK! :evil:

And let's not forget their come from behind win in 1995 @ Autzen that kept us from a Rose Bowl repeat.

I really hate the trees. :evil: