Injuries (KOD, any info would be much appreciated)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Injuries (KOD, any info would be much appreciated)

Post by DAT_man_again »

So going into last night here were the players that weren't playing:

Andre Y
Johnstone
Addison
Armstead
Lowe
Wogan

And the guys who got hurt:

Dargan
Freeman
Malone

Any others I missed? Basically this is a thread to consolidate any injury updates/news that anyone has. Would really like to have Armstead and Lowe available for Stanford.
Last edited by DAT_man_again on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Injuries

Post by Phenom »

I heard that Freeman was back in the game.

Is Wogan injured or was he benched?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Wogan didn't make the trip so it wouldn't be a benching. Either injury or suspension.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Dargan was back in the game post-injury as well.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I believe Wogan is hurt. He did not make the trip and Helfrich did not indicate was any academic or suspension for any of the 3 left in Eugene. He never discusses any injury to any player.

I know was some concern about Mariota and Freeman being dinged a little. Hopefully nothing serious.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I believe Wogan is hurt. He did not make the trip and Helfrich did not indicate was any academic or suspension for any of the 3 left in Eugene. He never discusses any injury to any player.

I know was some concern about Mariota and Freeman being dinged a little. Hopefully nothing serious.
I was concerned about Marcus after that hit to the leg because he didn't seem to be as mobile after that. Maybe I'm just being over reactive.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Defensive tackle Alex Balducci was hurt. I don't know if he came back in or not.
John 3:36
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Phenom wrote:I heard that Freeman was back in the game.

Is Wogan injured or was he benched?
I didn't see Freeman back in the game after he left favoring his left arm. But it didn't look too serious. The game was in hand at that point so I'm guessing leaving him on the bench was just precautionary.

As far as Marcus goes I'm hoping Frost just kind of shut him down after the hit. I didn't notice any limp.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Forgot about Balducci. If him and Armstead are out that could be disastrous.

Frost said that Marcus is fine. And yeah Freeman didn't look too serious. Probably a stinger.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I definitely saw Freeman AND Dargan back in the game after their initial injuries.

As for Marcus, I think the reason we didn't see him run in the second half was an adjustment by Cal's defense. Remember that third-down play where he evaded pressure, then threw that short pass into the dirt that was intended for Marshall (not long after the hit out of bounds)? On that replay, a linebacker appeared to be spying Mariota, which is probably why he didn't try scrambling on that play... would have been very hard for him to pick up the first down, but meanwhile, Marshall was open (just a bad throw).

The only reason he was able to run on the play he got hit on was because it was 3rd and forever, and the D had dropped way back in coverage... but had that been a normal third-down distance, I'm sure the run wouldn't have been there.

Mariota's passes after that point were fine, which doesn't indicate any knee problems.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I would dispute that Royce came back after the injury. I am about to rewatch now.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Lowe has been MIA for awhile now. When is he expected to return?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DAT_man_again wrote:Forgot about Balducci. If him and Armstead are out that could be disastrous.

Frost said that Marcus is fine. And yeah Freeman didn't look too serious. Probably a stinger.
And Tyner too.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

wlduck wrote:I would dispute that Royce came back after the injury. I am about to rewatch now.
Concurred.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Maybe I'm not remembering this right. I thought I saw freeman in there (but he didn't carry). But maybe I am remembering this wrong. When did his stinger happen? Third or fourth quarter?
Willie Taggart is a dick.